Author Topic: SODE is unavailable after latest update  (Read 2791 times)

Mohamed Nassef

SODE is unavailable after latest update
« on: April 18, 2020, 10:07:09 pm »
Hello,

I'm using FSX-SE and today I just updated my GSX, but while trying to fly I get GSX message saying (SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate)
tried different airports (default) and got the same message.

pete_auau

Re: SODE is unavailable after latest update
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 02:50:04 am »
Hello,

I'm using FSX-SE and today I just updated my GSX, but while trying to fly I get GSX message saying (SODE is unavailable, jetways will not animate)

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23386.0.html

DVA12924

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 08:43:51 am »
I am having the same issue and I am running SODE 1.6.8 with GSX Level 2. It will keep telling me SODE unavailable when trying to position aircraft parking spots (still using P3Dv4 for that). After clicking Reload All in the SODE menu, I can get a jetway to attach to the aircraft, but a static jetway is still in the position also. After restarting Couatl and rebuilding airport cache, the static was no longer there and the jetway still attached.

After testing by connecting and then disconnecting the jetway via the GSX menu, I went back into the GSX customize airport positions  and selected the same spot I just tested in but again as soon as I hit Shift+numpad 5 to test the jetway, it hesitates and then i get a SODE connection lost message and have to do the steps all over again.

I tried in a freeware update/download AFCAD to default ZGGG which GSX replaced default jetways assigned on the AFCAD, and also at FlyTampa KLAS where the 3rd party SODE jetways were kept in tact. Both fail at the same point, and again after restarting SODE and Couatl. I am not sure if this is a SODE issue or GSX issue.

I did also Just run FSDT LiveUpdate and restarted my computer. The issue still remains, however, this time when trying to edit a parking position, I got the SODE connection lost message when testing a jetway connection in the GSX customize airport positions (select the jetway and hit shift+numpad 5) and then it would tell me SODE connection lost. But without restarting SODE or Couatl, I was able to get a jet way to connect and dinconnect from the same parking position, with a duplicate static jetway still there. If I rebuild airport cache via the GSX menu, the static jetway will be removed.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:17:38 am by DVA12924 »

Mohamed Nassef

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 05:59:38 pm »
Hello,

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23386.0.html

Thanks

tybread69

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2020, 11:56:52 pm »
I am also having this problem with the jetways in the GSX editor. I AM using the latest Sode 1.6.8, and the jetways DO work normally, and the sode connection checks out when I test the .dll connection. But when I attempt to edit the jetway position, and then tap the '5' key to test if the jetway is correctly positioned, I first get "Sode connection lost!" error, then shortly after, "sode unavailable cannot test jetway resolving" error. I think this is a GSX problem, and not a user issue. Hopefully enough users report this, and Virtuali will issue another patch or update and get the problem fixed. I appreciate that the GSX application is very complex and detailed, and these things likely will happen from time to time, after more features are added on for us.

DVA12924

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 10:29:44 am »
Anyone have an update or fix for this yet? A few users are still having issues after updating SODE to 1.6.8 so that is not the solution.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 10:51:07 am »
Anyone have an update or fix for this yet? A few users are still having issues after updating SODE to 1.6.8 so that is not the solution.

We are checking this now. As usual, you cannot expect an immediate reply over a weekend.