Author Topic: GSX doesn't respect rules_handling.cfg changes  (Read 4065 times)

Shepred

GSX doesn't respect rules_handling.cfg changes
« on: April 13, 2020, 06:29:46 pm »
Hello Umberto

I'm trying to override some settings for the stock textures using the rules_handling.cfg files located in %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Texture.

Unfortunately I'm not having much success, as it seems the changes I'm making have zero effect.

The airport in question is Copenhagen, EKCH.

The file is as follows:

Code: [Select]
; This is a sample rules file for the Handling vehicles. You can use it
; to override any rules for the stock Handling operators, affecting the
; global presence of an operator without having to customize individual
; parking spots with the GSX editor.
;
; Add a section for each operator you want to override. See this sample
; section below:
;
; [AA]
; couatl.atc_parking_codes = AAL,AALX,LOF
; couatl.icaoprefixes = K KSEA KLAX KDFW
; couatl.basecolor = blue
;
; this rule overrides American Airlines rules, to assign to
; all of the US generically ( if not better choice is available )
; and add it with the maximum score at KSEA, KLAX and KDFW
;
;
; [AA]
; couatl.atc_parking_codes = AAL,AALX,LOF
; couatl.icaoprefixes = K KDFW KJFK KLAX KMIA KORD KBOS KSFO KDEN KMCO KDCA KTPA KPHX KPHL KMCI KMEM KCLT KSDF KPIT
; couatl.basecolor = blue
;
; this rule adds KPIT to the list of airports where American Airlines
; has a maximum score

[SK]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = SAS,SASX
couatl.icaoprefixes = EKCH ENGM ESSA
couatl.basecolor = full_red

[MENZ]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = Menzies
couatl.icaoprefixes = EKCH ESSA ENGM DB FA FAJS FACT FE FG DG OJ GO MD MX TN VM K LK LH LR LE ES EH LIRN Y NZ EG EGCC
couatl.basecolor =

[Aviator]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = Aviator
couatl.icaoprefixes = EN ES EK EKCH ENBR ENGM ENTO ENZV ENVA ESSA EFHK
couatl.basecolor =

[Novia]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = Novia
couatl.icaoprefixes =
couatl.basecolor = cyan

[NAX]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = NAX
couatl.icaoprefixes = EGKK
couatl.basecolor = blue

Despite this rule set I'm having the following issues:

1. SAS livery isn't using the "full_red" base colour.
2. Aviator still utilizes the "blue" base colour, despite specifying none to be used.
3. Novia & NAX still show up in the menu despite being removed from the airport.
4. Menzies does not show up at all.

What am I doing wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX doesn't respect rules_handling.cfg changes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2020, 10:39:25 pm »

We'll check this

2. Aviator still utilizes the "blue" base colour, despite specifying none to be used.[/quote]

3. Novia & NAX still show up in the menu despite being removed from the airport.

They are coming from the stock rules file, most likely.

4. Menzies does not show up at all.

This is normal. If the scenery has its own parking codes in the AFCAD, and Menzies surely isn't there ( since it's a GSX-only operator ), one of the codes in the scenery AFCAD is giving its operator an higher score. If there's a tie ( 4 letter ICAO matching for both ), the one with its codes in the AFCAD will always "win".

The solution would be in this case to just select Menzies manually from the list, but then it will be the only operator at that gate.

Shepred

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 11:47:05 pm »
Hello Umberto

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not quite sure I follow, seeing as the AFCAD I'm working with (to my knowledge) does not have any airlines assigned to specific gates.

Am I looking in the correct place?

https://puu.sh/FxzHP/9d8552f55c.png
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 11:53:15 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 11:54:10 pm »
I'm not quite sure I follow, seeing as the AFCAD I'm working with (to my knowledge) does not have any airlines assigned to specific gates.

You ( or if you are using a pre-made customization, whoever made it ) might have added airline codes in the GSX customization page, which will then override the ones in the scenery AFCAD.

Shepred

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 11:58:23 pm »
There are none here either.

If I put "SAS,FIN" in the Airline Codes field I get the desired result (an array of SAS & Finnair).

If I put "SAS,FIN,MENZ,AVIATOR" in the Airline Codes field I get the standard array for the airport.

I'm wondering if somewhere there's a file matching airlines that I'm not aware of? Seeing as GSX allows customization when it's airline specific but returns the default array whenever there's a GSX-only operator involved.

https://puu.sh/FxzUs/81bff49ece.png

Shepred

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2020, 12:18:10 am »
I figured it out.

The issue was that "AVIATOR" should only be capitalized as "Aviator" and despite the Menzies texture being named "MENZ", its parking code is actually "Menzies".

Hope this helps anybody else running into the same issues as me   :D

Shepred

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2020, 12:42:23 pm »

We'll check this

2. Aviator still utilizes the "blue" base colour, despite specifying none to be used.

As a follow up, I figured out what the issue was here. For the new colour schemes to be depicted correctly, Couatl must be restarted with the rebuild airport cache option.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 03:27:29 pm »
As a follow up, I figured out what the issue was here. For the new colour schemes to be depicted correctly, Couatl must be restarted with the rebuild airport cache option.

Yes, that's something I always forget as well. To speed up loading, we also added a Simobject cache, in addition to the airport cache, so GSX won't have to re-scan the list of all its Simobjects at start, across hundreds of files/folders so, instead, it keeps them in a very optimized binary format for faster access.

But yes, it requires a cache rebuild is required whenever you change any file related to GSX Simobjects.

leftseat

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 03:18:33 pm »
Im also having a problem assigning airline codes to a previous gsx file using v5.
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2020, 01:31:44 pm »
Im also having a problem assigning airline codes to a previous gsx file using v5.

Please clarify.

leftseat

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2020, 03:00:43 pm »
Simply said, it doesn't work. thte afcad I have for sunskyjet KPHL has USA for american airlines. My AI use AAL. I reassigned all the USA gate to XXX or AAL.
The AI still dont park at any AAL Gates. I tried to assign a gate to NKS and that didnt work either. On a side note, I'm sure your aware, LAX is not working properly in V5. I just lost the scenery while taxiing out. It shows as installed and active and I dont have restart couatl in my menu.
Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2020, 05:09:30 pm »
Simply said, it doesn't work. thte afcad I have for sunskyjet KPHL has USA for american airlines. My AI use AAL. I reassigned all the USA gate to XXX or AAL. The AI still dont park at any AAL Gates.

Again, this is not clearly enough. You said you have problem assigning airline codes to a "previous GSX file", then you report about AI. Are you aware that nothing you do in the GSX customization file has any affect to AI airplanes ? The only thing the airline codes in GSX controls, is the GSX vehicles. AI airplanes, of course, don't know anything about a GSX customization, they will always continue to use only the information found in the AFCAD.

On a side note, I'm sure your aware, LAX is not working properly in V5.

KLAX works just fine in V5, I just posted a video showing it does.

I just lost the scenery while taxiing out. It shows as installed and active and I dont have restart couatl in my menu.

Again, please clarify. Are you missing JUST the "Restart Couatl" menu, or all the entries too ( GSX, Key Mappings, etc.) ?

leftseat

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2020, 05:42:00 pm »
I read in another post that all v5 sceneries need V5 afcads, so ill make sure lax has the latest afcad. Could LAX be updated to show the latest parking. They had a big change last year with Delta moving to the north side. My mistake, I thought GSX could override AI. Would save me having to use ADE!
Greg