Author Topic: SODE Connection lost  (Read 5862 times)

mush1960

Re: SODE Connection lost
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2020, 10:45:40 pm »
Additionally, I have run a search for the file that is supposedly missing, and it is there, in c:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_LSGG.

mush1960

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2020, 10:53:23 pm »
I should add that I ran the various installer as Administrator.

mush1960

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2020, 11:23:36 pm »
Interestingly, I have reloaded my PHNL scenery using the latest installer. GSX seems to work there; I get  a message saying the gate has a default jetway, but it does animate, as do the catering vehicles and so on.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 03:41:39 pm »
Additionally, I have run a search for the file that is supposedly missing, and it is there, in c:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Legacy\FSDT_SODE_Jetway_LSGG.

Of course it is, that's what I was trying to say since the start. The problem, I repeat, doesn't have anything to do with GSX or Geneva, or missing files. As I've said, it must be related to a problem with your FSX.CFG file.

You posted the FSX-SE.CFG, which assumes you have FSX and FSX:SE installed in "side-by-side" mode. Assuming this is the case, the file looks file so, the simulator should be able to find the objects. And, in fact, the simulator DOES find the object, because you said yourself the jetway is there, just rotated 90 degrees.

This because it's SODE that cannot find the object, so it cannot animated it properly. But if you see the jetway, it means both GSX ( that has created the jetway ) and the sim, are configured correctly, just SODE cannot find the jetway for some reason.

I suggest posting this on SODE forum.

Please note, it works just fine here, but I only have FSX:SE installed, in single mode, not side-by-side with FSX.

mush1960

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 04:28:15 pm »
Ok, I will give that a try.

mush1960

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2020, 12:23:18 pm »
For your info, this has now been resolved. The SODE folks asked me to check for the Co-Existence key in the registry, which helps determine the correct path for the files. Thought you might like to know in case anyone else comes up with this problem.