Author Topic: Couatl fails during cache loading  (Read 3329 times)

aconcagua1989

Couatl fails during cache loading
« on: February 25, 2020, 09:02:06 pm »
Hello

I am having the following problem every time I start a flight on any FSDT airport once is finished loading the simulator files, the GSX starts to load the airport cache meanwhile I can see the buildings and everything of the scenery on the background, but once it gets into 92% of the cache the Couatl engine fails and closes and all the building disappears. I just end up with an empty scenery and on the menu I just have the Addon manager option and I can see that the scenery are activated and registered correctly and that's it, no Coautl or anything related shows on the menu.
I already tried Uninstall GSX and all the sceneries reinstall again and nothing new. I tried to run the Couatl test but nothing to report. I excluded all the hard drive where I have my simulator installed and the Addon manager file too, and did and live update but it didn't fix my issue.

Here is my Couatl log attached I hope anyone can help me.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl fails during cache loading
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 10:09:44 pm »
Try this, remove this folder:

C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

And try again, see if the cache regeneration ends successfully.

aconcagua1989

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 11:10:16 pm »
I deleted the Couatl folder as told.
Unfortunately the same result, this time crashing at 90% of the loading of the cache.
I am attaching the Couatl.log maybe something changed on the report.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2020, 10:51:38 am »
The log doesn't show anything, but that's because the cache runs in a different thread, so it cannot access the debug log until it's done. It's very likely a corrupted .BGL of one of your add-ons.

Do you use Lorby's Addon organizer ? If yes, try to turn all sceneries off, and see if the cache complates, then enable them one by one ( or in groups ), until you find the problem.

aconcagua1989

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 10:18:08 pm »
Hi

I turned off all my add on sceneries, I just left the basic ones that comes with the simulator and the result stills the same.
A funny thing is that every time a start my flight in one of the fsdt sceneries it says that the trial period has started but when I check on the addon manager it states that all my fsdt sceneries are registered and activated.
what else can I do? 

aconcagua1989

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 03:59:05 am »
Ok I found the corrupted scenery it was the Basic scenery 0302 when it was deactivate everything went back to normal I don't have any idea how it was corrupted but now I don't know how to restored to the original one.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2020, 02:09:54 pm »
I was quite sure the problem was never GSX, but a corrupted file on your system. You should be able to restore it by reinstalling the "Content" P3D installer

Daniel Ismer

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2020, 06:45:22 pm »
Hello,

I have exactly the same problem with P3D v 4.5. Reinstalling GSX and the P3d content didnt solve the problem.
Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2020, 07:20:18 pm »
I have exactly the same problem with P3D v 4.5. Reinstalling GSX and the P3d content didnt solve the problem.

If the cache cannot be rebuilt because of a corrupted .BGL, you cannot be sure the offending one is one of the default scenery, like the previous poster, it might be one belonging to any of the add-ons you have installed, and if this is the case, it cannot be fixed by reinstalling the P3D Content, but the affected scenery.

Daniel Ismer

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2020, 08:44:30 pm »

If the cache cannot be rebuilt because of a corrupted .BGL, you cannot be sure the offending one is one of the default scenery, like the previous poster, it might be one belonging to any of the add-ons you have installed, and if this is the case, it cannot be fixed by reinstalling the P3D Content, but the affected scenery.

Okay. Do you have an idea how to figure out the corrupted BGL without deactivating every single Addon?
Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2020, 09:35:23 pm »
Okay. Do you have an idea how to figure out the corrupted BGL without deactivating every single Addon?

Proceed in halves.

Disable half of your sceneries, if the problem is fixed, it means the affected scenery is in that half so, halve it again and go from there. If it's not, it means it's in the other half, so go in that direction, halving the disabled sceneries at each branch.