Author Topic: Connecting GPU in FSL A320X  (Read 2598 times)

Sabre10

Connecting GPU in FSL A320X
« on: February 12, 2020, 10:57:52 pm »
Hello, can I contact GSX2 to connect GPU to FSL A320x without manually opening GSX2's menu? Can I do it by starting batteries and "contacting" GSX on A320X's radio?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:07:29 pm by Sabre10 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Connecting GPU in FSL A320X
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2020, 12:04:40 am »
Assuming the scenery has a GSX L2 jetway that is configured with a Power Unit. In that case, connecting the jetway will automatically result in external power being available in the airplane.

Sabre10

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2020, 01:39:24 am »
Assuming the scenery has a GSX L2 jetway that is configured with a Power Unit. In that case, connecting the jetway will automatically result in external power being available in the airplane.

But then again I'll need to manually open GSX menu to connect the jetway. ))

There was something I noticed reading FSL A320X introduction guide, so I was trying to figure out:

For a realistic ground handling experience, FSLabs recommends using the add-on “Ground Services X” by FSDreamteam. GSX will provide the user with automated door, payload and fuel handling, as well as handling external connections to the aircraft. Furthermore, handling of the GSX software is fully incorporated within the A320X, doing away with the need of manually opening GSX menus. GSX will instead be triggered by doing the standard operating flows during flight preparations.

Thank you.

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2020, 10:29:04 am »
You have to use the GSX menu to dock the gate in the first instance, thereon FSL fully integrates with GSX.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

Sabre10

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2020, 08:58:28 pm »
You have to use the GSX menu to dock the gate in the first instance, thereon FSL fully integrates with GSX.

How about Confirm good engine start? Do I need to open GSX menu or it should pop up on its own?

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2020, 09:30:46 am »
How about Confirm good engine start? Do I need to open GSX menu or it should pop up on its own?

Yes, you have to open the GSX menu. But airplane developers can set a variable to skip that message, if they want. And, of course, YOU can disable it permanently from the GSX Settings.