Author Topic: GSX not starting most of the time with latest update **SOLVED**  (Read 13623 times)

wegerlee

Re: GSX not starting most of the time with latest update
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2020, 01:58:14 pm »
Here is what I added:

T:\FSDT - C:\Users\ejweg\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali -- Documents/p3d addon folder  -  All LM folders in either program data/program files(86)/program files  - C:\Users\ejweg\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin - T:\P3d
C:\Users\ejweg\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin:   T:\Hifi  for any active sky programs

That's just about all of them associated with my SIM.

The p3d documents/addon folder was previously not included - that may have made the difference?!

At the moment its working fine.   When I completed this flight I will do another one from start and see what's happening.

Best regards  Elmar

wegerlee

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2020, 12:09:16 pm »
Here we go again:

Started SIM to default location with default plane - GSX present changed airport to EDDF GSX present - changed aircraft to Carenado - GSX is gone from the menu.  Closed SIM.  Restarted SIM with default location/aircraft - GSX menu present -  then changed aircraft - GSX menu present - then changed airport to EDDF - no problem.  Did this yesterday as well and appears that the sequence of it makes a difference.

As stated before:  All SIM and their related pathways are excluded in the AV Defender scan - in fact I turned AV off all together - so AV is def. not the cause of it.

For some reason the switch seems to turn off GSX in the menu.

As stated yesterday - its an hit and miss item at the moment.  I will also turn to log on in GSX to keep a file and forward next time

Kind regards Elmar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2020, 12:28:05 pm »
Have you tried what have been suggested in an earlier post, changing the Windows language to US English ?

drayton_k

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2020, 12:45:09 pm »
We shouldnt have to change the language. It all worked pefectly before these latest updates, it s up to you to fix your program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2020, 12:50:46 pm »
We shouldnt have to change the language. It all worked pefectly before these latest updates, it s up to you to fix your program.

It's obviously a TEST, how we are supposed to "fix" something that cannot be reproduced, other than asking to do tests to the few affected users ?

Of course, we haven't changed anything that has anything to do with language settings in the last update, and I DO NOT have my Windows set to US English so, clearly, the only possible way to even start to *begin* to understand what's going on, is by asking to TEST different things.

In addition to that, I asked several post ago for some of the affected users to contact me to have a remote assistance session but, so far, nobody has done that.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 12:52:25 pm by virtuali »

drayton_k

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2020, 01:04:47 pm »
Umberto,

I am flying now, (and GSX again didnt work BTW). No menu appeared. All I did was to chose a plane and airport, I didnt swap anything.

Once I have finished I will willingly let you take a look remotely.

Keith

moz2

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2020, 01:07:40 pm »

virtuali I am willing to remote with you and talk to you via discord if this is okay

part-time-punk

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2020, 01:31:58 pm »
Here we go again:

Started SIM to default location with default plane - GSX present changed airport to EDDF GSX present - changed aircraft to Carenado - GSX is gone from the menu.  Closed SIM.  Restarted SIM with default location/aircraft - GSX menu present -  then changed aircraft - GSX menu present - then changed airport to EDDF - no problem.  Did this yesterday as well and appears that the sequence of it makes a difference.

As stated before:  All SIM and their related pathways are excluded in the AV Defender scan - in fact I turned AV off all together - so AV is def. not the cause of it.

For some reason the switch seems to turn off GSX in the menu.

As stated yesterday - its an hit and miss item at the moment.  I will also turn to log on in GSX to keep a file and forward next time

Kind regards Elmar

I can reproduce the problem using the steps above. 
I also have Win10 AV disabled via the registry.
Clean install of P3D & GSX/GSX2
Let me know if logs will help.

Dave.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2020, 01:41:20 pm »
I can reproduce the problem using the steps above. 

Do you mean you tried exactly the same airport and the same airplane, or just any other airport/airplane combination ?

I also have Win10 AV disabled via the registry.

As explained so many times, you should NOT disable the antivirus. You should add the Addon Manager folder to the AV Exclusions, and it's probably best adding the whole simulator folder too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2020, 02:14:47 pm »
Just had a TM session with moz2, which couldn't start GSX and, in his case, it was the antivirus ( Avast ), the Addon Manager folder wasn't added to the AV Exclusion list.

moz2

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2020, 05:36:17 pm »
And after that the problem is still doing it had to restart my sim twice and its still doin it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2020, 05:42:39 pm »
And after that the problem is still doing it had to restart my sim twice and its still doin it

It was working when I was with you, that's a fact.

Your problem was just the Couatl didn't start, and it started immediately, on the first try, when I configured your antivirus correctly, and I switched airplane too, and it worked.

moz2

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2020, 05:48:12 pm »
Okay the issues is when i load the fslabs a3xx couatl stops working

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2020, 06:00:12 pm »
Okay the issues is when i load the fslabs a3xx couatl stops working

Already done that test, and it works fine here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23050.msg154911.html#msg154911

Derek

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2020, 10:23:20 pm »
Had no problems with any of fsdream products until I updated after the 7th Feb , now no GSX available. I know two other friends with the same issue.

Have added exception to antivirus rules and rebooted and updated fsdt products one more time. Will try P3d again in the morning and report back