Author Topic: Odd experience at FSDT PHOG with GSX functionality  (Read 1716 times)

glc100o

Odd experience at FSDT PHOG with GSX functionality
« on: February 07, 2020, 11:06:06 pm »
Hello,
I arrived in my PMDG 737NGXu at FSDT PHOG, taxied to the gate shut down, and requested deboarding. The rear stairs came up and connected. But the jetway did not move. Deboarding started, I briefly heard passenger sounds but saw none. I tried to move the jetway using the GSX menu but it said jetway cannot move until deboarding completed or something like that. After deboarding was complete, the jetway moved to the aircraft entry by itself.  Made no sense. The fuel truck arrived but there were no drivers on the truck. Baggage and catering had folks working as expected. I moved the jetway back manually and then after requesting pushback the rear stairs moved away but the jetway moved back to the aircraft.

Using latest GSX update. Not sure if this is a GSX issue, PMDG 737 NGXu issue or airport issue.

Addendum: I have verified that at this airport invoking  deboarding does not trigger the jetway to move over. Looks like one has to do it manually? Is that correct? At other airports like KORD, invoking deboarding does cause the jetway to move over. using GSX Level 2.

Greg
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 06:48:34 am by glc100o »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Odd experience at FSDT PHOG with GSX functionality
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 03:50:12 pm »
PHOG use the default CTRL+J jetways, which you must call yourself, not the new GSX L2 jetways like KORD.

glc100o

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 10:43:17 pm »
Thanks, that is confusing to remember which airports are which regarding default vs GSXL2. What other FSDT airports use the default jetways and need to be manually called? It seems with random testing that pretty much all default P3d airports as well as other FSDT airports like KLAX support Level 2 and the jetway moves with the deboarding call. It also appears that there are no marshallers at PHOG nor is there a way to customize the parking spots either. Can't these airports be updated to support Level 2?

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 09:36:32 am »
What other FSDT airports use the default jetways and need to be manually called?

From memory, I'd say all Hawaii airports, KDFW, the old O'Hare and Zurich. But you don't have to wonder: GSX will tell you that, because a parking with a CTRL+J jetway is labeled as "/J" in the GSX menu, while a SODE jetway is labeled "/JS"