Author Topic: gsx  (Read 2048 times)

ecca

gsx
« on: February 06, 2020, 04:50:06 pm »
Hello,just tried to install gsx level 1,and the expansion 2 and the option to install to a drive of my choice is grayed out, I then install to my C:\ drive and it do's not ask me for any keys to activate,any ideas any one,
 I then look under addon manager and see they are both there but not working as they should with animations missing and people with no heads etc.
       any help appreciated 
                  ecca

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: gsx
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 04:56:46 pm »
About the ability to install in a different folder, this has been already discussed and answered here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23030.msg154666.html#msg154666

About the activation key, it's normal the installer won't ask them, since it's a Trial so, it wouldn't make any sense to ask for a key, since you don't obviously have one yet, when in Trial.

As explained on the Pages 3-4 of the GSX manual, Activation is done inside the sim using the "Register Serial" option of the Addon Manager, under the "Addons" menu

ecca

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 03:40:19 pm »
 Hello, gsx is not in trial mode it is up and running straight away, that is the point of my question,it is active in addon manager when I look and is complete with the menu but has not asked me for any keys to register.
                  ecca

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2020, 03:39:35 am »
it  doesn't  ask  you  to enter  your  serial numbers  you need  to enter  them  your  self  as  Umberto  has  explained,  whilst  in the  sim  go  to  your menu  addon  manager   click on  gsx   and  than  you  enter  your  serial  numbers  etc   whilst  your  in the  sim

ecca

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2020, 03:08:41 pm »
Hello,
         if you look at my question in a proper manner you will see I said it is already active in addon manager without asking for any keys.

Thank you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 03:48:52 pm »
If it says Active in the Addon Manager, it's normal that it won't ask any keys because...it's Active! The activation stays forever, even if you uninstall GSX, uninstall the sim, etc.

The only way to lose an activation is reinstalling Windows from scratch, or change major hardware component, like the CPU or the mainboard. Not even changing the video card will result in losing activation so, apparently, you activated previously, so it's still there.