Author Topic: Default Ctrl+J Jetways replacement  (Read 2093 times)

CaliKrak

Default Ctrl+J Jetways replacement
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:57:53 pm »
So the thing is I'm very new to this world of realistic flight simulation and I bought Gsx+L2 to get all the services and the jetways to work better than the default ones and also bought a good scenery (It is Bucaramanga Palonegro Intl by SimDesingsCo if useful) and found that this airport comes with default ctrl+j jetways but I find no way I can replace them for example with SODE jetways. I've already watched tutorials about this but I still can't get to replace them.

Timothy Metzinger

Re: Default Ctrl+J Jetways replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 10:01:27 pm »
To turn off Ctrl-J jetways in third-party scenery, there are two approaches:
1 - if you're lucky, you may find one or more dedicated bgl files with just the jetways in them.  You can rename these files from .bgl to .off.
2 - the GSX way, as illustrated in "Tutorial - Mass-replace jetways on a 3rd party airport in less than 4 minutes", is to use the GSX editor, (you park at a gate with a default jetway, you use GSX to customize the position, and you check the box for ajetway exclude radius of 1.0 meters.  You then repeat this process for every gate with a default jetway (usually a /J) and then save your changes.  Then you close the sim down, go to the GSX control panel, and compile your exclude file.  When you restart the sim, you should find no jetways visible in the airport, although you may still see the /j associated with the gates.  You can now add a GSX jetway and you'll get a /js designation.
Have you tried the GSX path?  You've gone into GSX, edited a parking position, and checked the box for exclusion?, then exited the Sim, gone into the GSX app, and compiled the new exclude BGL file, then restarted the sim?

SørenRas

Re: Default Ctrl+J Jetways replacement - SOLVED
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:02:51 pm »
Where do I find the  GSX control panel if not through the sim Add On menu (sim is closed down)? FOUND IT - "<Install location>\FS Dreamteam\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:09:43 pm by SørenRas »