Author Topic: Client update to P3d 4.5 and GSX wont work **SOLVED, caused by another addon **  (Read 6982 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Client update to P3d 4.5 and GSX wont work
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 09:42:36 pm »
I am using Orbx airports and Orbx scenery. Orbx EGHI at the moment is loaded.

Since you posted a panic log for EGLC, it would have been best if you described EGLC and posted its own .INI file instead.

Also, I asked to ZIP the file and Attach it to a post, not post the text, it might be altered by the forum software, and I need to check the actual file.

it wont open! I get a "bong" sound, which I used to get when the parking brake wasn't on??? It is on, but still get the bong?  Is GSX not recognising my brake is on?

The "bong" sound is your indication GSX is WORKING. But it's trying to tell you something ( the reason why you cannot call it ), but you don't see it for one of the following reasons:

- You put the Verbosity slider in GSX all the way down, so you won't see any of its notifications

OR

- You disabled the Message Text options in the simulator Settings in the General-Info tab.

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 09:58:24 pm »
I am using Orbx airports and Orbx scenery. Orbx EGHI at the moment is loaded.

Since you posted a panic log for EGLC, it would have been best if you described EGLC and posted its own .INI file instead.

Also, I asked to ZIP the file and Attach it to a post, not post the text, it might be altered by the forum software, and I need to check the actual file.

it wont open! I get a "bong" sound, which I used to get when the parking brake wasn't on??? It is on, but still get the bong?  Is GSX not recognising my brake is on?

The "bong" sound is your indication GSX is WORKING. But it's trying to tell you something ( the reason why you cannot call it ), but you don't see it for one of the following reasons:

- You put the Verbosity slider in GSX all the way down, so you won't see any of its notifications

OR

- You disabled the Message Text options in the simulator Settings in the General-Info tab.

zip file here
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 10:06:19 pm »
zip file here

What about the missing message ? Have you followed my suggestions, which would allowed you to read the message normally associated with the "bong" sound ?

C130

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 10:11:10 pm »
The Verbosity setting is MAX display all messages in GSX Options.

Message text options information, Miscellaneous text is selected and on!

The GSX Activate ground services menu displays but doesn't do anything.

Add ons drop down menu GSX customise airport positions, "bongs" and wont open now. Park Brake on (or off makes no difference)

So yes, there is something wrong, but GSX isn't telling me what?

All this started with the 4.5 upgrade and Re installing the latest GSX from your site.

Edit. I suppose if no one else has this problem after updating to the very latest P3dv4.5, client and content,plus reinstalling GSX, then my system must be malfunctioning? Having read on this forum that some users would like a rollback feature, to rollback live updates. Perhaps there is an, as yet undiscovered bug somewhere?

Suffice to say, my previous P3dv4.3, with GSX and MCE, worked flawlessly, which suggests to me that the problem is software, rather than hardware. I wasn't planning a PC upgrade, not least untill MSFS is released, then I can ditch P3d😯

« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:04:18 am by C130 »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2020, 01:34:35 am »
So yes, there is something wrong, but GSX isn't telling me what?

Yes, GSX IS telling you that, but for some reason you can't see the message. There's no way GSX will do the "bong" sound without a message so, the only possible explanation, considered you already said you have the GSX Verbosity at the max level, and you have the  Miscellaneous text options enabled, is that you failed to updated to 4.5 correctly and yes, it's a known issue that, when the update wasn't done correctly, usually without the Content, the top bar info text will not display.

This, assuming you don't have another issue, like a 3rd party add-on that is blocking the top message area for some reason ( yes, we had a few cases in the past, so they exists )

All this started with the 4.5 upgrade and Re installing the latest GSX from your site.

The issue seems to be the 4.5 update, since GSX works perfectly with 4.5 ( that's the only version we ever used in months ), it's not a GSX compatibility issue.

Having read on this forum that some users would like a rollback feature, to rollback live updates. Perhaps there is an, as yet undiscovered bug somewhere?

No, because this issue doesn't have anything to do with the update, we surely cannot make the top text area disappear with a GSX update, that's a core P3D function and yes, it's known to be possibly missing if the update didn't go well.

In my case, I always update P3D this way:

- Uninstall the current version of P3D

- Download the latest full installer

- Install the full installer.

Works everytime and no, it doesn't require to reinstall any add-ons, unless those that replaced core files of the simulator, which is something that proper P3D4 add-ons shouldn't do, since you can replace core files even from a different folder, that's totally allowed ( and encouraged ) in the SDK.

C130

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2020, 10:31:09 am »
OK I just re downloaded the full P3d installer.
I uninstalled Client and content.
I reinstalled client and content.
I use the method posted in the Avsim forum, worked every time before.
Ran the sim.
I get exeactly the same behaviour from GSX.
Namely menu (ctrl/shift/f12) shows but does not work when item selected, and I get the bong sound. The bong used to denote park brake not on. The park brake is on. This seems to be an issue.

When you say install full installer, I am doing client and content but not scenery. Is that correct?

When GSX is running I loose the Primary Info Text from the sim. That is, the red Paring Brakes text bottom right screen is missing?

So I uninstalled GSX and ran P3d. The Primary info text returned and responded to the park brake being on or off.

Please check that your latest GSX is detecting park brake and/or messing up the Primary info text. It certainly does on my system.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 01:43:52 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2020, 01:50:04 pm »
When you say install full installer, I am doing client and content but not scenery. Is that correct?

No, it's not. The Full installer is a single installer that installs everything in one go, there are no separate installers to run, as in content+client.

When GSX is running I loose the Primary Info Text from the sim. That is, the red Paring Brakes text bottom right screen is missing?

Doesn't happen here, and nobody reported this before. Nothing in GSX touches the red bottom line, GSX uses only the *standard* Simconnect TOP text green line to do messages, just like each and every other applications and, when you hear a "bong" sound, it's because GSX printed a message THERE ( not on the bottom, there's no standard way to print on the bottom line, and we don't even try to do anything there )

So I uninstalled GSX and ran P3d. The Primary info text returned and responded to the park brake being on or off.

As I've said, doesn't happen here, and nobody ever reported this before so, clearly, it must be a problem in your P3D install.

Please check that your latest GSX is detecting park brake and/or messing up the Primary info text. It certainly does on my system.

I fear that, by reading other forum posts, you are confusing entirely different issues. Yes, there's a problem when you exit from a QUICKEDIT Pushback ( only ), which results the pushback starting without waiting for the Parking brake, and this will be fixed soon.

But this doesn't have ANYTHING to do with what you reported. Regardless if the pushback starts without waiting ( and ONLY after exiting a newly created QuickEdit pushback ), you are still supposed to see all the Into texts from GSX in the TOP green bar, and surely nothing will change on the BOTTOM text. This is the main issue you have, which leads me to believe your P3D install is not entirely right.

C130

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2020, 12:19:52 am »
Dear mr Virtuali, thank you for putting up with my posts! I have fixed the issue.

Nothing wrong now, GSX works perfectly!

I spent the day uninstalling older programs.

The culprit was...AEROSOFT F-14!

For some reason this program was blocking all GSX was trying t do. I have no idea why, but that's the fact.

Thank you again for the perseverance.

My flight sim is perfect again!

;D