Author Topic: Client update to P3d 4.5 and GSX wont work **SOLVED, caused by another addon **  (Read 6966 times)

C130

• "With your eyes turned skywards...."
I updated P3dv4 to 4.5 using client only update and GSX now wont work.

GSX shows in menu and live update is there. I downloaded GSX and re installed but Shift Ctrl F12 produces a menu that does not work. All the on screen items are there but selecting them does nothing.

What have I got to do to get GSX back working?

Regards
David

EDIT.

I uninstalled GSX using Control Panel. Reinstalled and all was back to full functionality. Hope that helps anyone with same issues! Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:32:29 pm by virtuali »
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Client update to P3d 4.5 and GSX wont work
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2020, 04:02:05 pm »
It's a known issue. When updating P3D 4.5 using the Client only, the Simconnect menu doesn't work, so you must update the Content too.

C130

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 10:20:04 pm »
Thank you. Needed to do the content as well!

Cheers! ;D
"Suspension of Disbelief". Flight Simulators! My You Tube Channel is "David Herky".

C130

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 03:35:11 pm »
Sorry....Spoke too soon! :'(

GSX has stopped working again, even with client and content upgraded.

Cant get GSX working in P3d V4.5?

I get the menus on screen but they don't work...any help please?

Thanks

garymccl

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 04:11:53 pm »
I have been in this position for about a week now. P3d was installed from scratch (all parts of P3D I mean), so it's fully up to date. This is also true of Aerosoft a320s, but they don't work together. I have reported this to Aerosoft, and I think you probably know this. https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/149891-important-use-of-gsx-and-the-checklist/&do=findComment&comment=963849

Is there any idea of when this software's going to be fixed? For some time I haven't been able to use what I paid for.

For info, Prepar3d was installed on a clean machine with Prepar3d_v4_Academic_4.5.13.32097.zip
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:17:37 pm by garymccl »

C130

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 05:50:44 pm »
I am on the same current version of P3dv4.5

I now have no Shift/ctrl/f12 menu at all!  Can not get it from the add ons menu either?

Customise airport positions displays, but when you move units the "apply" button is greyed out so you cant save anything?

Restarting couatle doesn't appear to do anything?
Also, the FSDT Addon manager window, with 1 re install latest etc, 2 read latest notes, 3, dismiss...if only I could dismiss the bloomin thing! It wont dismiss, it keeps appearing in all views!

I had it working once, after replacing client and content? since that one time its broken.

Glad its not just me. Looks like the latest version of Prepared hasn't been tested properly?

>:(
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 07:21:56 pm by C130 »

AFS

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 07:10:49 pm »
Check in the GSX addon manager - this menu is probably accessible - whether GSX or GSX 2 is activated.

I had this "problem" during the running operation - I use the P3D version 4.5.12.30293 - that GSX suddenly stopped working.
At first I was amazed, but then I came up with the "mistake". Even with me everything was there, but it didn't work.
That it was already running, but in "test mode". Which means all functions are normal but ... only at your particular airport and not at all others. That is why there is no error message.

C130

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 07:54:26 pm »
Check in the GSX addon manager - this menu is probably accessible - whether GSX or GSX 2 is activated.

I had this "problem" during the running operation - I use the P3D version 4.5.12.30293 - that GSX suddenly stopped working.
At first I was amazed, but then I came up with the "mistake". Even with me everything was there, but it didn't work.
That it was already running, but in "test mode". Which means all functions are normal but ... only at your particular airport and not at all others. That is why there is no error message.

Thanks. But what am I looking for in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX, menu?

I just re installed GSX and got same results, namely GSX does not work! menu is there but menu doesn't do anything?

Stuck here!
Thanks for replying anyway.

here's the panic log.

couatl v3.2 (build 4292)
panic log started on Sun Jan 12 19:40:00 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 1286, in do
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageLoader.py", line 121, in attachToTrain
  File ".\common\criticalsection.py", line 23, in _synchronized
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 399, in materialize
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.py", line 49, in materialize
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'getLoaderTypeForExit'
{'Airport': 'EGLC', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate 4', 'User Pos': (51.50432444655103, 0.04822411302915006, 8.097 m, 2.286 m, 322.0835571289061)}

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:48:30 pm by C130 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2020, 07:57:25 pm »
I now have no Shift/ctrl/f12 menu at all!  Can not get it from the add ons menu either?

Then this problem doesn't have anything to do with the previous one.

Customise airport positions displays, but when you move units the "apply" button is greyed out so you cant save anything?

Which airport name is listed there ?

C130

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2020, 08:44:22 pm »

Then this problem doesn't have anything to do with the previous one.

Which airport name is listed there ?

Hi, thanks for replying.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled GSX.

I have got the menu from Ctrl/Shift/F12.  But it doesn't do anything, 1 to 9 are not working.

I can customise the positions using the drop down add ons menu, but the "apply" button is not active. The apply button works in the Pushback menu.

No idea what has gone wrong. All started with the "upgrade" to 4.5. I installed both client and content.

Strange thing was, I had GSX working on one occasion. Thought it wasa fixed and when I re booted the sim the next day, GSX had stopped working again.

Everything is disabled in my anti virus program.

I am stuck!

Panic Log here;

couatl v3.2 (build 4292)

{'Airport': 'EGLC', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate 4', 'User Pos': (51.50432444655103, 0.04822411302915006, 8.097 m, 2.286 m, 322.0835571289061)}

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 08:49:14 pm by C130 »

garymccl

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 08:46:36 pm »
Virtuali -

As I said what I early typed into this entry - after I go through the initially checklist, your software no longer wants to deal with handling Ground Operations, nor has the loading process been completed by the time the loading trucks move away making it clear that you system seems to think the loading has not complete.

When are we looking at a fix ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 08:55:47 pm »
Panic Log here;

couatl v3.2 (build 4292)

You should have said immediately you had a panic log, that would save lots of questions. Could you please indicate the precise, exact, reproduction steps ? The error log shows what should be basically "impossible": meaning you were at a gate in the moment you called GSX ( you clearly must have seen and selected Gate 4 ), but you existed before the baggage train could be created.

C130

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »
OK.

Load airport and aircraft from P3d menu.
Go to position. Gate 4 EGLC (also tried Gate 2 EGHI...which worked once?)
Ensure aircraft hand brake is on.
Ctrl/shift/F12.
select loading aircraft from menu. Tried clicking on menu and using number key 4.   Nothing happens.
Tried requesting push back. Still no vehicles.

In the past, when I use the position vehicles screen, I can save the positions (apply) and then when I go back to the sim, the GSX vehicles are there. This does not happen now. I can not get any vehicles to appear.

In the coatle screen I have GSX activated and the GSX 2 trial showing, although I have not downloaded GSX 2, to my knowledge?

Thanks

What puzzles me, is that one occasion GSX worked, then stopped working at next P3d boot up?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:38:32 pm by C130 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2020, 09:29:45 pm »
Go to position. Gate 4 EGLC (also tried Gate 2 EGHI...which worked once?)

Please indicate the scenery used. If it's not default, please help us identify the scenery.

If you used a GSX custom profile for that airport, it would help if you could supply it. You can check if you are using a GSX custom profile, by selecting "customized airport positions" from the Addons/GSX menu, and read if you have an .INI file listed there, ZIP it and attach it to a post.

Custom GSX .INI profiles are usually located under %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX, but some scenery developers might supply their scenery with a GSX profile in the scenery own folder. The above option will tell you which one is in use.

select loading aircraft from menu. Tried clicking on menu and using number key 4.

You mean Boarding ?

C130

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2020, 09:37:35 pm »
I am using Orbx airports and Orbx scenery. Orbx EGHI at the moment is loaded.
I can not access the "customise airport positions" from the menu, the menu, it wont open! I get a "bong" sound, which I used to get when the parking brake wasn't on??? It is on, but still get the bong?  Is GSX not recognising my brake is on?

GSX ini for EGHI; from C:\Users\herky\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX
[general]
afcad_path = E:\P3d\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGHI\scenery\ADE_FTX_ENG_EGHI_Statics.BGL
elevation = 13.411

« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 09:39:37 pm by virtuali »