Author Topic: Suggestion: ambulance vehicle  (Read 3872 times)

oe-ph1

Suggestion: ambulance vehicle
« on: December 30, 2019, 06:39:49 pm »
Hello!
I really enjoy GSX and even more as it works together with the FSLabs A32X aircrafts. It brings the realism that makes it the best addon so far.

However, as GSX interacts with FSLabs, I'd like to suggest the following:
In the FSLabs A32X AOC menu, a MEDICAL ASSISTANCE page is available where you can send information about medical inflight incidences to the dispatch center - which is going to nowhere at the moment. Could it be possible to request an ambulance vehicle at the arrival gate, if requested via the AOC MEDICAL ASSISTANCE menu?

AS this isn't implemented so far, think this could add some extra fun and realism. I don't know how hard it is to implement this feature, but maybe it's worth thinking about it?

Thank you for listening to your customers!
Best regards!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Suggestion: ambulance vehicle
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 11:31:03 am »
That's an interesting suggestion.

oe-ph1

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:06:46 pm »
That's an interesting suggestion.

Thank you!   :)

Timm Rehberg

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 10:49:57 pm »
Sounds like a cool feature as you know by selecting the stand at which gate the services should come to (or already been there).
I don´t know if its too much but a "Spawn" point for services would be an nice addition to this. So you could easily select the fire and rescue stations as the spawn point for the services.
Best regards from the beautiful part of Germany,
"Blackforest" :)

Timmy

oe-ph1

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 11:39:04 am »
Sounds like a cool feature as you know by selecting the stand at which gate the services should come to (or already been there).
I don´t know if its too much but a "Spawn" point for services would be an nice addition to this. So you could easily select the fire and rescue stations as the spawn point for the services.

Nice idea, especially because every airport has at least a fire station. With ambulance, this may differ from airport to airport. Maybe there could be a config where you can define whether the ambulance starts at fire station or somewhere else. But to be honest: the emergency equipment should be already at gate before the aircraft arrives, so it doesn't matter too much from where they started  ;)

For the fire brigade, there could be another feature: For example, if you have had a hard landing, hot brakes, whatever, a fire vehicle may accompany you taxiing to the gate. As GSX has already a follow me feature, the follow me car could be easily replaced by the fire brigade vehicle. Could be a nice view to follow the fire vehicle to the gate...?

bbugday

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2020, 01:05:48 pm »
ambulift would make a very interesting and realistic addition as well.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2020, 02:39:18 am »
For the fire brigade, there could be another feature: For example, if you have had a hard landing, hot brakes, whatever, a fire vehicle may accompany you taxiing to the gate. As GSX has already a follow me feature, the follow me car could be easily replaced by the fire brigade vehicle. Could be a nice view to follow the fire vehicle to the gate...?
Except for the fact that generally, it's the fire truck that's following the plane, not the other way around. If you have hot brakes, the fire crew would have a better view with the plane in front of them rather than behind them.
Captain Kevin

oe-ph1

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2020, 12:18:06 pm »
Except for the fact that generally, it's the fire truck that's following the plane, not the other way around. If you have hot brakes, the fire crew would have a better view with the plane in front of them rather than behind them.

I know  ;) ... I just wanted to make it easier for coding by just changing the follow me vehicle... and as you can't view what's behind you, why not.

At this point, let's see what the great GSX guys will make out of all these ideas...  ;D

Beat578

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2020, 05:57:31 pm »
Yes, sounds interesting. but it would only be realistic on airports with stairs. In every other case (Most of them i guess) Assistance would be waiting in the jetway or at the gate wouldnt it?
Beat578

oe-ph1

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2020, 08:08:28 pm »
Yes, sounds interesting. but it would only be realistic on airports with stairs. In every other case (Most of them i guess) Assistance would be waiting in the jetway or at the gate wouldnt it?

Yes and no. It depends where the medical staff is located. For example, in Germany, the emergency doctor is located in the fire station and the way to the gate is much faster to reach using the ambulance driving on the apron. They will drive to the jetway and enter the aircraft using the jetway from the apron side. Also, to transport the sick person quickly to the hospital, it may be easier to use the ambulance vehicle parked at the gate than carrying the person thru the whole airport building to reach the vehicle.
Also, the assigned parking position may change. The emergency doctor will be much more flexible using the vehicle than waiting in the jetway, hoping that it is the right one...

Timm Rehberg

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2020, 11:01:28 pm »
You're right. As the medical services are on duty/on call, the time to get out with the car is around 60sec. from the alarm.
I saw that some medical landings got the nearest runway to land (even tho its mainly used for departures configuration) and the plane just left the runway and get to the almost first position as the medicals will already be there (in most of the times) as the medical declare is sometimes during flight and the time until landing is more than 2-3min..
Best regards from the beautiful part of Germany,
"Blackforest" :)

Timmy

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2020, 02:58:06 pm »
Not necessarily. I was on a flight four years ago where we had a medical emergency on board. Shortly after we arrived at the gate, I saw an ambulance drive towards us.
Captain Kevin