Author Topic: Problem with parking numbering in LIRF (Roma Fiumicino)  (Read 3448 times)

claude101141

Problem with parking numbering in LIRF (Roma Fiumicino)
« on: December 29, 2019, 03:33:20 pm »
Good morning,
I have a problem with the way GSX numbers the Fiumicino parkings. I use Ray Smith latest version  of the airport which obviously is accurate in the numbering; I checked with the attached map dated April 2018 from https://www.platinumairways.org/ as well as with an Airac one giving the same numbering. The actual numbers used by GSX create a real mess, as the attached photo shows moreover when you choose one of the GSX numbers you're positioned wrongly on the parking.
When I use Ray's numbering the aircraft is positioned correctly when I choose GSX numbering it's a real mess and I'm even unable to make the correspondance.
What can be done about that?
Thanks
Claude

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with parking numbering in LIRF (Roma Fiumicino)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2020, 11:43:53 am »
You should first check if GSX is using that scenery AFCAD, using the GSX parking customization page.

claude101141

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2020, 06:25:24 pm »
You should first check if GSX is using that scenery AFCAD, using the GSX parking customization page.

I just have the same problem with Vienna (LOWW); GSX has found the AFCAD but I have a free addon scenery of the airports which  has corrected the parkings among other things (Done by Ray Smith in 2017). So it looks that GSX gives priority to the addon. Am I wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2020, 07:01:13 pm »
GSX has found the AFCAD but I have a free addon scenery of the airports which  has corrected the parkings among other things (Done by Ray Smith in 2017). So it looks that GSX gives priority to the addon. Am I wrong?

It depends how it's made. If it's just adding/fixing some parkings, but it's otherwise supposed to work together with the default one, so it's not "self contained", GSX won't use it.

claude101141

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2020, 08:01:18 am »
GSX has found the AFCAD but I have a free addon scenery of the airports which  has corrected the parkings among other things (Done by Ray Smith in 2017). So it looks that GSX gives priority to the addon. Am I wrong?

It depends how it's made. If it's just adding/fixing some parkings, but it's otherwise supposed to work together with the default one, so it's not "self contained", GSX won't use it.

Sorry I made a mistake in my comment, I wanted to say that it seemed that GSX gave priority to the stock blg not the addon. If this would be the case that would mean that each time there was a difference between the addon's settings and the original AFCAD I would be obliged to correct the problem with GSX option; this is what I've done with the Vienna problem. But this doesn't explain why the numbering and even the number of parkings could be different between the two sceneries presentation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 02:48:55 pm »
Sorry I made a mistake in my comment, I wanted to say that it seemed that GSX gave priority to the stock blg not the addon.

That doesn't change my reply. If the add-on is not self-contained, GSX will not use it. Please read this thread, and follow the suggestions there, to see other reasons why an AFCAD might be rejected:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22516.msg152017.html#msg152017

claude101141

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2020, 04:52:56 pm »
"...add-on is not self-contained...".What do you mean by self contained?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2020, 06:12:27 pm »
What do you mean by self contained?

What I said in my previous reply: If it's just adding/fixing some parkings, but it's otherwise supposed to work together with the default one, so it's not "self contained", GSX won't use it.

Timothy Metzinger

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2020, 10:22:07 pm »
Put another way, unless the "new" AFCAD is a complete replacement for the original AFCAD, you can't adjust GSX to use it, because it needs to have ALL the parking/taxi facilities included.  Sometimes folks will just create a "partial" and ADDITIONAL BGL file with just the "additional" items in it. 

claude101141

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2020, 09:49:10 am »
Ok I got it; then how do you explain that for Zurich which I acquired from FSDreamteam, I have also the same problems: the parking numbering is completely different from what I get in Flightsimcommander (FSC) which requires when you add a new addon scenery to update its database via its manager software and uses for that the scenery file which is located in Winwows 10 pro under the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg

What I do every time after activating the scenery in FSX library, I first reinitialise GSX with the GSX live update and run the FSC database manager (as far as this second software is concerned, FSC  refuses to run unless you have updated its Database). Even if the scenery is not located on the drive under FSX \Addon scenery, the program finds it as it scans scenery.cfg where the new addon is always present because you have activated or it has been  by the setup of the addon provider.

I suppose that with addons like the Zurich one, you have the full airport installed with all its parkings set up, which overide the stock airport and anyway for with Ray Smith's addons he always reminds you to delete all previous files you may setup before, OBJ files included located in FSX Global scenery.

Up to now I have encountered this problem with very few (less than 5) addons scenery. In each case either the aircraft is not positioned in the correct orientation on the parking, or the number in GSX is not the same than in FSC. In both cases GSX considers that you're on a parking and asks you to choose one and position it there either by taxing to it or warping the airplane to the parking.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2020, 02:50:35 pm »
Ok I got it; then how do you explain that for Zurich which I acquired from FSDreamteam, I have also the same problems: the parking numbering is completely different from what I get in Flightsimcommander (FSC) which requires when you add a new addon scenery to update its database via its manager software and uses for that the scenery file which is located in Winwows 10 pro under the following path:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg

Please take this FSC thing outside the equation, because this really doesn't concern us.

Do you see the correct parking in Zurich IN THE SIM ? If yes, it means the scenery is fine and you don't have any conflicts. If no, you might already have a conflicting scenery, without this having anything to do with either Zurich or GSX ?

Also, is GSX reading the correct AFCAD as well ? If not, check the name of the AFCAD in the GSX parking editor, it will give you an idea about a possibly conflicting scenery.