Author Topic: GSX 2 push back edit & Chase Plane Conflict - and how I solved it  (Read 2488 times)

Berlin1989

I want to share my problems with the GSX 2 "push back edit"  & "Chase Plane" and how I solved it.

First of all I must say, that I deleted long ago all key commands in P3DV4 and in any airplanes like PMDG to avoid
any conflicts. So I delete also any "Slew" commands, wich are needed to manage the "push back edit".

If you also deleted the key commands you have to change them in Options - Controls - Key Assignments - Slew

Slew (up quickly           F4
Slew (down quickly)      F1
Slew (freeze Pitch)        F6
Slew (Pitch up quickly)  F5

Slew (move forward)     Num 8
Slew (move backward)  Num 2
Slew (move left)           Num 4
Slew (move right)         Num 6
Slew (rotate left)          Num 1
Slew (rotate right)        Num 3
Slew (bank right)          Num 9
Slew (bank left)            Num 7
Slew Toggle                   Y

Important is to diable "Chaseplane" before P3D Start!
I use Simstarter NG and I  made an special exe.xml Setting without Chaseplane, where I disable it. When I have finished the Pushback editor, I restart Chaseplane manually.

The next thing is the top-down view of the push back editor, with chaseplane active I suddenly saw the whole world and I was unable to zoom in.   
There is a Custom view (Views - Change view - Custom view - TOP - FSDT Editor Camera)  where you got a reasonable top-down view of the airport.
This is also mentioned in the Manuel, but may be you don't like reeding manuals, like myself...

I hope this my help some on, it took me some hours to find out..

Greetings Erik

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX 2 push back edit & Chase Plane Conflict - and how I solved it
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2019, 03:57:24 pm »
If you also deleted the key commands you have to change them in Options - Controls - Key Assignments - Slew

You could have just pressed the "Reset Defaults" button there.