Author Topic: latest update 2.8  (Read 2403 times)

mrbill55

latest update 2.8
« on: December 17, 2019, 02:11:45 am »
I am using FSX and received notice of an update. There was no icon appearing on the desktop.
I downloaded the latest version from your website, but when I started the install, the picture showed
Fsx/Prep 32bit. I have 64 bit. I don't want to mess things up. Please advise.

Bill C.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: latest update 2.8
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 02:20:21 am »
There are two installers on the site, if you have P3D4, you must download the 64 bit version, if you have FSX or older P3D ( 2, 3, etc. ), you must download the 32 bit version.

mrbill55

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 08:19:22 pm »
Thanks for the information. I still don't understand why I have no FSDT updater on the
desktop or anywhere after notification of an update. I always have to go to the website
and download it. Also, for years, I have had to use Ctl Alt Delete Cancel to navigate any
editing features. Once the screen opens, everything works as it should. I can't use the "Y" key
at all. It is only assigned to default "slew" as it should be.

Thanks,

Bill C.

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 09:36:11 am »
Thanks for the information. I still don't understand why I have no FSDT updater on the
desktop or anywhere after notification of an update. I always have to go to the website
and download it. Also, for years, I have had to use Ctl Alt Delete Cancel to navigate any
editing features. Once the screen opens, everything works as it should. I can't use the "Y" key
at all. It is only assigned to default "slew" as it should be.

Thanks,

Bill C.
if you  got  to your p3dv4 location  and  go  to  the  addon manager   folder  is  the updater   located  there  which it  should be, if  its  there  just make  a  short  cut  to your  desk top, if  y  doesn't  work  than  some  thing  is  using  the  y key
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 09:37:57 am by pete_auau »

mrbill55

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2019, 06:48:13 pm »
I use FSX. As I understand it "add on mgr" isn't used anymore. I have searched for anything
using the "Y" key other than "slew", but have not found a thing

Bill C

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 12:17:23 pm »
I use FSX. As I understand it "add on mgr" isn't used anymore

Nowhere we ever said the Addon Manager is not used anymore. It obviously is, and it comes with every product. What is not needed, is a SEPARATE installer for the Addon Manager, which USED to be required to update the Addon Manager itself without having to download a whole product installer. THIS is not required anymore, since the Live Update can update all products in one go.

I have searched for anything using the "Y" key other than "slew", but have not found a thing

Please clarify your problem. I'm not sure you understood what the Y key stands for.

Yes, it IS the standard Slew key but, since GSX places the airplane in Slew when editing the airplane config, the location of the vehicles and the pushback route, if you need to Exit from these modes ( which means exiting from Slew mode ) you press the key to exit from Slew mode which, of course, it's still Y.