Author Topic: Install into FSX and P3Dv3 only  (Read 2078 times)

flyboy340

Install into FSX and P3Dv3 only
« on: December 13, 2019, 01:01:17 pm »
When I tried to install GSX, it installed it into all my Flight Sims - FSX P3Dv3 & P3Dv4.  I did not want it installed in P3Dv4 as I want this sim for complex aircraft only and not GSX or scenery etc. I therefore uninstalled it and it uninstalled all my other flight sims!! Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to only install JFK in FSX & GSX + JFK. LAX etc in P3Dv3 & NOTHING in P3Dv4?

Thanks for any help

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Install into FSX and P3Dv3 only
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 06:36:35 pm »
GSX, by default, will *suggest* to install into all the supported simulators it finds installed but, on that page, you are supposed to check which ones you want to install into, and will wait for your confirmation before proceeding.

If you realized you made a mistake, and want to reinstall into different simulators you originally chose, Uninstall it and then Reinstall it, and uncheck the simulators you don't want to install into.

did not want it installed in P3Dv4 as I want this sim for complex aircraft only and not GSX or scenery etc

GSX is designed to be used with complex aircraft, and it works so much better in P3D4, that I would expect you would do the opposite, and not install into FSX...so please, before doing that, try it in P3D4.

flyboy340

Re: Install into FSX and P3Dv3 only
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 11:17:55 am »
OK, great thank you I will try that.