Author Topic: Sim freezes for about 10 seconds with new custom gsx  (Read 1390 times)

natoseigh

Sim freezes for about 10 seconds with new custom gsx
« on: December 13, 2019, 09:07:54 am »
Hello umberto
i was wondering if there is a work around this,for some strange reason,whenever am close to approach with an airport using a custom GSX jetways,my sim freezes for about mabe 10seconds ,i guess with it loading in the jetways,and i was wondering if there is a way to mitigate this,since sometimes the freeze will happen when about 300  feet of touchdown and it can mess up your landing,this mostly only happens to airport with custom GSX jetways,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Sim freezes for about 10 seconds with new custom gsx
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 06:30:18 pm »
Jetways must be loaded at a certain time and, of course, we must find a compromise that will result in several conflicting needs:

- The need to be sure no more jetways that necessary are loaded so, the range must be low enough so that only jetways for the airport closest to you are loaded, but not the ones from an eventual nearby airport.

- The need to be sure no jetways are loaded if you are just overflying an airport you don't need to land to. So there's an altitude check as well, in addition of a range check.

- The need to allow you to pre-select a gate for GSX even when you are flying, so GSX must know about the kind of jetways, to be able to place all the rest of the objects too.

- The need to not cause a pause you in the middle of an approach, so it must be low enough to fulfill all the previous constraints, yet high enough to satisfy this one.

And, the actual length of the pause can change A LOT, depending how much your system is already taxed, and even how you customized the jetways, because the time it takes to create all of them will change quite a bit, between these two extremes:

BEST CASE = All jetways are the same model, with no bridges, with the same color, and no accessories

WORSE CASE = Every jetway is different model, with a different colors, with bridges of different models and colors, with all accessories enabled, each one with a different logo

If you add this variance to how your sim is already loaded by other addons, and the airport used, you would understand that it's basically impossible to anticipate every possible case and being sure the time it take to create all jetways would be the same for everybody, or always acceptable.