Author Topic: Gate Changes to 3rd. Party Airports when installed GSX Level 2  (Read 2722 times)

cortina

Gate Changes to 3rd. Party Airports when installed GSX Level 2
« on: December 12, 2019, 03:21:47 am »
Hi;

So recently installed GSX Base and Level 2 and I noticed 2 things at KJFK Drzewiecki scenery .
1) Gate A2 (Heavy) don't seem to be in the same location as before. It seems smaller and there are other static aircrafts that I am used to seeing. It also says that the gate is too small to service the PMDG 747-400 which may be because it may have been changed? Not sure
2) The other thing is there are now double Jetways. I have attached showing the before GSX  and after shots.  I searched the forum for answers and saw a thread about a video as to how to fix this but there was no video attached, so not sure if it was removed.

There seem to have some changes to the gate location but I may be wrong since I have only used Gates A3 and B20 which is in the attached. So the question is does GSX change the gate location and size to match their files? Maybe gates may have changed in the scenery?

One thing to note is I do have FSDT KJFK v2 but deactivated it when I installed DD KJFK not sure if that makes a difference. I also had FSDT KORD installed but switched for the moment to DD KORD but everything seem to be the ok after that installation.

Any help and or insight to what's going on would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards.
Cortina.

Just wanted to add that I am using FSX.

Cortina
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 12:47:32 am by cortina »

Beat578

Re: Gate Changes to 3rd. Party Airports when installed GSX Level 2
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 07:15:39 am »
It looks very much like GSX is not taking the DD AFCAD as base for it's jetways. Go into the Edit Position dialog and see, what AFCAD is used. It could be one for example from ORBX Vectors or something. Disable it if it's not the DD one, until GSX has the right one. (You can also try to put the DD Airport into a higher level in your Scenery library, that could help as well.).
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 06:41:26 pm »
Whenever you see issues with misplaced parking spots, wrong positions, wrong jetways, it's never a GSX problem, and it's always a problem of a scenery conflict. You can check which AFCAD is in use by GSX in the parking customization page, the name of the AFCAD in use will give you an idea which scenery is causing the conflict.

cortina

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 10:39:25 pm »
Whenever you see issues with misplaced parking spots, wrong positions, wrong jetways, it's never a GSX problem, and it's always a problem of a scenery conflict. You can check which AFCAD is in use by GSX in the parking customization page, the name of the AFCAD in use will give you an idea which scenery is causing the conflict.

Hi Umberto;

Thanks for your response. However, I don't have any other scenery installed other than the DD Airport, no ORBX or anything else not even a ground scenery. However, there is one caveat which I noted in my original post. I had FSDT KJFK V2 a long time ago which I uninstalled and deleted any associated files before installing DD. I have never had any issues with the DD scenery since I installed it.

So maybe the FSDT AFCAD was never deleted (which would be strange) and GSX is picking it up, as per your suggestion. That would be the only thing given I don't have or never had any other scenery inatalled. I will give it a try when i get home from travelling the weekend.

Thanks.

Best Regards.
Cortina.

cortina

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:13:06 pm »
It looks very much like GSX is not taking the DD AFCAD as base for it's jetways. Go into the Edit Position dialog and see, what AFCAD is used. It could be one for example from ORBX Vectors or something. Disable it if it's not the DD one, until GSX has the right one. (You can also try to put the DD Airport into a higher level in your Scenery library, that could help as well.).

Thanks for your response and input, i appreciate it. Yes you are probably correct in terms of the GSX not picking up the DD AFCAD and if you see my other response to to Umberto's comment I did have FSDT KJFK V2 installed some time ago (which I thought I deleted but probably not) so maybe that's the culprit since I have no or ever had any other scenery installed. i will try that I see what happens. Will report back

Interesting thing is, it would be great if installs would detect duplicate AFCAD and providing a warning message so that they are aware of a potential conflict. Which seems to be a common issue. That's probably wishful thinking on my part ;D

Thanks again.

Best Regards.
Cortina.

cortina

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 01:16:45 am »

Hello ;
So I did some digging and I figured out what the problem is at the KJFK DD Scenery. The AFCAD is correct and it is pointing to the correct AFCAD scenery in the correct directory C:\FX\Addon Scenery\NY Airports V2\scenery\KJFK_AFD.BGL
When I looked at the GSX customization menu I noticed that:

-   Under the GSX Jetway option it had “parking had 1 Jetway”, and there was the added Jetway embedded into the DD Jetways. I guess it was set as the default.
-   When I changed it to “No Jetway” it removed the Jetway so there were only the ones in the DD scenery.
-   Since I changed it to “no Jetway” there was no Jetway option in the General GSX menu just Stairs, which then sent the stairway to the doors no issue there.
-   When I went back and changed the Customization Jetway option to “Parking has 1 Jetway it embedded the GSX Jetway. With this being set the Jetway option became available in the GSX general menu and when selected it actually operated the DD design Jetway to the aircraft door but not the embedded  ones, which is very interesting.

So in short it doesn’t seem to recognize the DD Scenery Jetway however, when I add a Jetway it adds the GSX one and then it recognizes and moves the DD Jetway correctly and not the GSX ones. Very strange.
Is there a GSX rule in terms of how it interprets and detects Jetways at some airports based on how they were designed. This way I can play with the settings to make things work, assuming there is nothing GSX can do based on limitations.

Please let me know you thoughts on this and what I may be missing.

Also I wanted to point that the drop down option especially the Jetway. The options overlap and hide each other preventing you from seeing and selecting the correct option. It happens all the time and not easy to work with.
I attached a photo of if in my  attachment.

Best Regards.
Cortina.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 01:16:23 pm »
Also I wanted to point that the drop down option especially the Jetway. The options overlap and hide each other preventing you from seeing and selecting the correct option. It happens all the time and not easy to work with.

That's an FSX problem, (doesn't happen in P3D4 ), nothing we can do about it. You can fix it by moving the GSX edit window outside of the area covered by the underlying FSX window.

cortina

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2019, 06:08:24 pm »

That's an FSX problem, (doesn't happen in P3D4 ), nothing we can do about it. You can fix it by moving the GSX edit window outside of the area covered by the underlying FSX window.

Yes, I did try your suggestion and it worked. Much better now to work with, Thanks.

Any update on the primary issues about the Jetway? Again, it's not recognizing that a Jetway is present however, when I add a Jetway via the GSX Config menu it adds a GSX Jetway but then recognizes the Jetway and operates it fine.

Cheers.
Cortina.

cortina

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »
Problem has been solved.

I reinstalled the DD JFK Scenery and this time I did ran the Live Update and GSX is now recognizing the Jetways and operating them. It's not perfect but it's working.

Cheers.
Cortina.