Author Topic: Error with Live Update  (Read 3388 times)

nohey1

Error with Live Update
« on: December 06, 2019, 04:56:34 pm »
Hi guys, quick question. After downloading GSX for P3Dv4 i try to start the updater and i keep getting this message.

'You can't run FSDT while a simulator is running. If you've just closed it, wait a bit to completely shut it down, then try again'

The thing is there is no simulator running in the background neither is Task Manager indicating any P3D processes. I've also re downloaded several times and restarted the computer - any help would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 12:34:18 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error with Live Update
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 10:07:54 pm »
The updater asks Windows, using a standard Windows function that does exactly that, if there's a process named like any one of the supported simulators that is still running when you start it.

That's the only possible way to get that message so, if you got that message, it means a process named either FSX or Prepar3d is still running.

nohey1

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 10:29:54 pm »
The updater asks Windows, using a standard Windows function that does exactly that, if there's a process named like any one of the supported simulators that is still running when you start it.

That's the only possible way to get that message so, if you got that message, it means a process named either FSX or Prepar3d is still running.

Hi Virtuali,

I have searched through my Task Manager and processes and there is no indication at all that P3D in any state is still running. Moreover i have turned off the computer and restarted it with the same result having no processes associated with P3D started.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 12:31:56 am »
I've uploaded an updated updater which will tell you the exact name and process id of the process that matched the known filename of the sim.

nohey1

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 01:50:08 am »
I've uploaded an updated updater which will tell you the exact name and process id of the process that matched the known filename of the sim.

Seems to be updating now. Thank you.

bozza72

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 12:36:13 pm »
Hi sorry to bump this thread but i have the same issue.
the updater says Prear3D is running with piD 9292

i have rebooted my pc and have checked nothing sim related is running, I have uninstalled and re installed GSX,

Any other ideas please

Edit i have also just opened GSX level 2 control panel and bottom right on blue button it says waiting to close sim ?? im stumped

bcars

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 11:40:42 am »
I have had similar behavior where p3d had ended but couatl engine was still showing g in task manager. Killing that instance resolved the issue.
No idea why that couatl task didn't end when p3d exited.
Thanks
Bruce

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2020, 01:59:16 pm »
the updater says Prear3D is running with piD 9292

The message is quite clear: the simulator was still running when you started the Live Update.

i have rebooted my pc and have checked nothing sim related is running, I have uninstalled and re installed GSX,

It's not possible that, rebooting Windows and starting the Live Update as the first thing you do would result in a message about P3D still running. Unless ( very unlikely ) you have configured P3D to start with Windows.

Edit i have also just opened GSX level 2 control panel and bottom right on blue button it says waiting to close sim ?? im stumped

That's because the simulator is still running.