Author Topic: Request: Disconnect tug/towbar/pin while waiting for the "two good starts".  (Read 2837 times)

Emi

As the title says, please modify GSX to remove the tug/towbar/pin while waiting for the two good starts confirmation.
In real life we always time our engine starts to be completed by the time everything is removed so that all that is left to do is to give the Ramp Agent the "thanks, two good starts, see you left/right/on-the-moon".

With the current way GSX handles it a lot of time is lost with the engines running, wasting fuel and time.

The engine start confirmation should be the last thing before saying goodbye and changing to hand signals.

That'd make the process a lot more efficient. Especially since GSX already takes quite long for the whole process after the parking brake is set, even before you introduced the new confirmation.
Best regards,
Emanuel

nhlking

And the next point, that i think really unrealistic is,

the Left is clear , Right is clear after GSX is already disconnected.

Would be nice when the headset person, go to one side, wave that "remove before flight" think and a thumps up.

Emi

I could give you a hundret points which are really unrealistic in GSX, but that's not the topic of this posting.
If you want something worked on please open your own topic.
Best regards,
Emanuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I could give you a hundret points which are really unrealistic in GSX, but that's not the topic of this posting.

It would be useful if you made such post. Or, even better, send an email, with all 100 points, clearly explained, and we'll go one by one, looking for the feasibility, in the context of simulator limitations, of course.

Emi

We could of course start with an answer to this one. No sense writing 100 posts if you don't answer to what's been posted.  ;)
Best regards,
Emanuel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
We could of course start with an answer to this one. No sense writing 100 posts if you don't answer to what's been posted.  ;)

Of course not. There's an obvious reason for wanting to have a complete list, and it's because, without looking at the big picture, assuming we made a single change you are suggesting now, it would be harder and harder to add the others you are keeping to yourself.

Instead, looking at a whole list of something that MIGHT be eventually added, we might plan ahead every addition even in context of the next ones.

Emi

Well alright, would you prefer them as seperate topics each or one big one for all?
Best regards,
Emanuel

Emi

Too bad there's no support given in this forum. I write a simple request and you never answer to it.
Best regards,
Emanuel

SN737

Too bad there's no support given in this forum. I write a simple request and you never answer to it.
C'mon man that's not fair, he brings a lot of support and I'm not a fan of the guy (impolite and never wrong)