Author Topic: Invisible ground models for GSX.  (Read 5906 times)

reginald123456

Invisible ground models for GSX.
« on: November 27, 2019, 08:57:26 pm »
I took a break from flight sims for a few months, but when I came back and installed GSX it seems that all the ground vehicles with an exception of the crew transport van, are invisible despite this not being an issue before. The only visible parts of the vehicles being the name of the company on the vehicles, shadows, and the personal themselves. Also no sign of a Marshaller and numbers for when i'm taxiing in. I updated my drivers, have done a clean uninstall and reinstall of GSX possibly over 7 times, and this is an issue that has been apparent for days after many computer restarts. I noticed after some other people were talking about the same issue that they noticed the installer only goes to around 140 steps out of 340+ steps in the automatic installer. I decided to do a clean install once more and keep an eye on the installer which it got to around 147 steps and completed out of 340 steps which I believe is the culprit. If there is a fix or any possible way to manually install GSX that would probably be a solution. There will be a pic of what it looks like in my Boeing 747-8 at KATL South Ramp. Also my anti virus is disabled for all times I attempted install.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Invisible ground models for GSX.
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 09:39:02 pm »
The updater will never complete all the steps, unless you have each and every FSDT product installed so no, there are no problems with the updater

If only some objects are missing or parts are missing, it's usually a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

reginald123456

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 11:47:15 am »
The updater will never complete all the steps, unless you have each and every FSDT product installed so no, there are no problems with the updater

If only some objects are missing or parts are missing, it's usually a problem of video memory corruption so, you might try all all these:

- Reset your video driver to default

- If that doesn't work, try to delete your FSX.CFG, so a new one will be created with all default settings. Apply only the HIGHMEMFIX = 1 tweak and nothing else, if you use FSX.

- If that doesn't work, be sure you are not running the sim or any of the addons that starts with it in Compatibility mode.

After resetting the FSX.CFG, you must reinstall GSX, otherwise it won't find its own Simobjects, because the FSX.CFG must be edited by the GSX installer.

I noticed this trick being used before, but I have no idea how to set my video driver to default, delete FSX.CFG (I am on P3D so idk if it's the same for P3D), and I think I'm sure I'm not running anything in compatibility mode.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2019, 01:51:43 pm »
delete FSX.CFG (I am on P3D so idk if it's the same for P3D), and I think I'm sure I'm not running anything in compatibility mode.

I gave you the FSX solution, because this problem is way more common in FSX. Had you said you used P3D, I would gave the P3D solution, which is entirely different, and it's rebuilding the Shaders, by removing this folder when the simulator is NOT running:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Start the sim, wait a minute ( with a black screen, it's normal, don't panic ) until all the objects will eventually come back.

reginald123456

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2019, 08:22:52 pm »
delete FSX.CFG (I am on P3D so idk if it's the same for P3D), and I think I'm sure I'm not running anything in compatibility mode.

I gave you the FSX solution, because this problem is way more common in FSX. Had you said you used P3D, I would gave the P3D solution, which is entirely different, and it's rebuilding the Shaders, by removing this folder when the simulator is NOT running:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders

Start the sim, wait a minute ( with a black screen, it's normal, don't panic ) until all the objects will eventually come back.

My apologies for not confirming that it was P3D instead of FSX, but it does seem that the issue hasn't changed despite me deleting the shaders folder with the simulator closed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2019, 09:30:06 pm »
My apologies for not confirming that it was P3D instead of FSX, but it does seem that the issue hasn't changed despite me deleting the shaders folder with the simulator closed.

Are you using a 3rd party shader mod, like Tomatoshade, etc ?

reginald123456

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2019, 11:08:32 pm »

Are you using a 3rd party shader mod, like Tomatoshade, etc ?

I am not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2019, 11:25:00 pm »
I am not.

Are you sure, the colors in your screenshot looks a bit strange.

reginald123456

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 12:56:41 am »
I am not.

Are you sure, the colors in your screenshot looks a bit strange.

I am. This is due to the fact I changed my bloom and lighting settings a bit since I think it makes the sim look a lot more alive than the default lighting.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2019, 01:14:14 am »
I am. This is due to the fact I changed my bloom and lighting settings a bit since I think it makes the sim look a lot more alive than the default lighting.

Which is the exact version of the simulator ? If you updated to it using only the Client, it might not be enough for PBR content, you must update also the Content.

reginald123456

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 01:23:26 am »

Which is the exact version of the simulator ? If you updated to it using only the Client, it might not be enough for PBR content, you must update also the Content.

I am running 4.5.13.32097. I do not know how to update the content.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 12:14:42 pm »

Go into your LM account, select Downloads and look for the Content installer.

reginald123456

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2019, 06:15:57 pm »

Go into your LM account, select Downloads and look for the Content installer.
Okay I have ran the installer with the sim closed, and it has completed successful, but nothing has changed It seems.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2019, 06:37:30 pm »
Okay I have ran the installer with the sim closed, and it has completed successful, but nothing has changed It seems.

Try to reset your settings to default, by removing this file:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Prepar3d.cfg

reginald123456

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2019, 08:23:39 pm »

Try to reset your settings to default, by removing this file:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v4\Prepar3d.cfg

Deleted, and I can confirm it has reset my settings, but to no effect to the problem itself unfortunately.