Author Topic: Latest Update using Default AFCAD **SOLVED**  (Read 7908 times)

cartayna

• Beta tester
Re: Latest Update using Default AFCAD
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 03:12:11 pm »
First, be sure the latest update reads the correct AFCAD with no problems, otherwise we would have been flooded by similar reports by now.

So, in order to know why it doesn't do that on your system, a more precise report is required:

- Indicate which simulator you use

- It's not clear if GSX *always* reads the default AFCAD, no matter the airport, of if it's happening only with some specific scenery

- It it's happening only with some specific scenery, please indicate which one it is.

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, if the correct AFCAD is still not used, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, ZIP the file, and Attach it to a post, so I can check it.
here is one more report for you. Last night was working perfectly well. I started my pc, and made the big mistake of running the updater. I go now in the sim and indeed it does NOT read the AFcads. Why are you not floded by messages, because this last upated of yours was not announced and after the very last one (2.8), only the ones of us that have done an update without being asked for, we are now set with this problem. It does not work, trust us, hear us, TRY IT.

SAV1

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2019, 03:31:59 pm »
Mine never crashed before the update at all... so my specific scenery area it obviously used to just cope with. But with it being more careful (which isnt a bad thing) in this version, it didnt like it at all.

All fixed now, thats the main thing.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2019, 03:33:42 pm »
it obviously has something wrong.
They are working on it, so give them a little time.
cheers mate.

kamradvano

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 05:35:28 pm »
The problem is the presence of the «—» sign (dash) in the scene names.
Replace with a hyphen.

Sorry for my English.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 08:53:58 pm »
Hi,

Despite previous forum posts stating that the problem has been fixed in the latest live update; clearly it hasn't.

I've just done a live update and GSX is reading default AFCADs instead of the ones of the installed addon scenery.

Can this be fixed? Not quite sure why an update should be released at all if it is going to break things tbh...

Thanks.
do me a favor. please check if yoiu have any of this sceneries "active": EPGD (Polish Airports vol2), EPLL (Polsih Airports vol.2), EPWR (Polish Airports vol3). The issue has to do with the scenery.cfg, so if i activate all my scneries but this 3.. all issues solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest Update using Default AFCAD **SOLVED**
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 06:54:31 pm »
We think to have fixed this issue. Run the FSDT Live Update now, to get the updated Addon Manager .DLL.

Thanks to Cartayna for sending a test case scenery.cfg which allowed me to reproduce the problem.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 07:13:23 pm »
We think to have fixed this issue. Run the FSDT Live Update now, to get the updated Addon Manager .DLL.

Thanks to Cartayna for sending a test case scenery.cfg which allowed me to reproduce the problem.
u are welcome. glad to see it working.
cheers

bhorv67

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2019, 07:18:01 pm »

cheers

Good to see you two playing nice together!

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2019, 08:29:17 pm »
 I'm still getting this issue but afaik only at those airports fixed up by MAIW Matrix. I've included the addon.xml for 2 of the regions.

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2019, 08:34:52 pm »

cheers

Good to see you two playing nice together!
never stoped. we have always been doing this by emails. ;)
cheers mate