Author Topic: Can you please fix this?  (Read 2464 times)

Ifikratis

Can you please fix this?
« on: November 24, 2019, 11:26:03 pm »
Hi,

I have mentioned this also in the past, but so far it is still remains unsolved:

When the push-back stops, the tug-airplane stop abruptly, they don't decelerate to a stop. This is highly unrealistic. Is it so difficult to fix?

Ifikratis

Re: Can you please fix this?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 10:21:08 am »
Seeing that older threads has been answered, can I also get my question answered?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 10:27:27 am »
Everything is always noted, but of course, threads about more urgent issues like errors must have the priority, rather than the actual posting *date*.

We don't have any plans to stop updates to the Pushback or GSX in general, so everything that has been ever suggested will make it, eventually.

Ifikratis

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 11:49:17 am »
Thank you for the reply Umberto. I really believe this need to be fixed.

Also, another suggestion if you can also take a note. I made the sin and bought also the competitor product and while I liked GSX in all graphical aspects (no question about this) there was something I noticed. The pushback with the other product was more smooth, like fluid motion. While with GSX it seems like there is a microscopic stutter here and there. It does not move as smoothly. I hope you can find the reason why, because its GSX I want to keep in the long term for sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 11:59:48 am »
The pushback with the other product was more smooth, like fluid motion. While with GSX it seems like there is a microscopic stutter here and there. It does not move as smoothly.

That's very strange, since it's exactly the opposite as I saw here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpjighIbj8&t=203

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpjighIbj8&t=530

It's the first time someone said GSX pushback is not smooth, do you have an example ? Does it happen with a specific airplane, or all of them ?

Ifikratis

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 12:21:15 pm »
I guess that's an issue with the new NGX ? I'm not saying its perfect or better than GSX in general, but from the cockpit view the pushback was more fluid. Maybe I'll take a video to show. I tried with the FSL Airbus.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 12:28:21 pm »
I guess that's an issue with the new NGX ?

It's possible, see an explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22413.msg151496.html#msg151496

The current solution we use, since PMDG is not interested in cooperating, is to send that dummy Pushback key to the sim, so we trick the PMDG thinking a default Pushback has started ( which they DO detect ), but while that fixes the vibrating VC in the PMDG, is still not ideal, since now a default Pushback is also happening at the same time GSX is pushing, so they both fight to set the airplane position, which might result in a push not as perfect as GSX usually is.

Try with a default airplane, please, just to confirm this is the issue, and not something else like, for example, too low fps, or not enough GPU cycles assigned to GSX because of affinity settings tweaks, etc.