Author Topic: Latest GSX update breaks CUATL menu, airports.  (Read 6489 times)

teofilo

Latest GSX update breaks CUATL menu, airports.
« on: November 24, 2019, 01:57:53 pm »
Hi,
Just ran the updater for GSX and it broke all my airports/gsx.
Its not even listed anymore on the menu inside P3D.
Cuatl is not running anymore in P3D. It was before the update.
How can I send log information? Everything was working perfectly before the latest update.
P3D v 4.5 no antivirus, etc.
All FSDT airports show as unregistered.
Tried to uninstall GSX completely removing Addon manager, etc and reinstalled.
Issue persist after reinstall.

Let me know.
Thanks!
Teo
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 03:48:11 pm by teofilo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest GSX update breaks CUATL menu, airports.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 07:52:58 pm »
You probably don't have the latest VC++ runtimes from Microsoft installer or updated. Try the FSDT Live Update now, we updated it to have them installed automatically.

teofilo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 08:03:35 pm »
Just ran the live update as admin but still not working. Don't know what else to check.
It was working perfectly before it was updated this morning. Strange.. it doesn't load Couatl at all so no Couatl menu, no gsx, all airports show as missing without registered serial, etc.
Here is the log from update:

DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\Couatl.exe
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\QlmLicenseLib.dll
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\QlmLicenseLib.dll.manifest
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\QlmLicenseWizard.exe
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\__init__.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\aircraftData.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\aircraftDb.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\fsm.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\math_utils.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\modelCustomization.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\__init__.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airportCustomization.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\parkingDialog.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageTrain.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\fuelTruck.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\jetwayOperations.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.pye
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\res\resources.xrc
DOWNLOADING file C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Jetway\sim.cfg
DOWNLOADING Visual Studio 2015-2019 redistributables files
DOWNLOADING file C:\Users\teofi\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
CREATING Visual Studio 2015-2019 redistributables .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\teofi\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip.001
EXTRACTING Visual Studio 2015-2019 redistributables .ZIP archive
Removing temp file C:\Users\teofi\AppData\Local\Temp\vc_redist.zip
Installing the VC++ runtime x86 version, please wait...
Installing the VC++ runtime x64 version, please wait...
Completed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 08:17:57 pm »
Here is the log from update:

Everything went fine, according to the log. Try a Windows restart.

teofilo

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 09:04:20 pm »
Nothing, something got broken... how can I fix it? any way to revert to previous version before the update?
Something definately in the update broke it.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:00:40 pm by teofilo »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 10:05:41 pm »
Nothing, something got broken... how can I fix it? any way to revert to previous version before the update?Something definately in the update broke it.

Nothing in the update "broke" anything. In fact, if you read other message in this same forum, the latest update FIXED a crash caused by non-Ascii characters in the User account name, that for some reason happened only with a specific add-on scenery, but users with this issue have confirmed it fixed it.

You don't say which OS are you using now. Could be you use Windows 7 ?

teofilo

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2019, 10:21:08 pm »
Here is the output of the couatl.log file that I generated using another post:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 4278)
log started on Sun Nov 24 16:18:40 2019

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
View changed to Virtual Cockpit
Simulator version: 4 5 12 30293
Running in mode: Prepar3D v4 (bglmanx setting)
Loading addons
Loading addon common
Added Menu Item "Couatl settings" (id 67)
Addon common loaded
Loading addon LiveUpdate
Added Menu Item "Couatl Live Update" (id 69)
Added Menu SubItem "Disable" (parentId 69, id 70)
Addon LiveUpdate loaded
requesting AddOn list to bglmanx
Failed SHA256

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 10:27:48 pm »
Here is the output of the couatl.log file that I generated using another post

Your log shows something ( antivirus or firewall ) must have blocked some files and let others to be downloaded and installer, and a mixup of old and new files can cause this.

Be sure you don't have any firewall blocking the updater, be sure you configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder, and try again.

Nmaggio

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 12:33:04 am »
After a frustrating search for an answer to this exact problem in FSX the solution is, indeed, with allowing the Add-On Manager through Windows Defender. I added Couatl-Updater, Updater2, Patches and Tidy.exe just to be sure. The system was then restarted and the FSDT Live Update run. After a considerable time downloading all the files and Visual +++, FSX and JFK ran like a champ. Give it a try.

Nick

teofilo

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 03:17:49 am »
Hi Nick, my Windows firewall is all the way off, Windows defender is disabled in the registry and the strangest thing is that it was working perfectly before today's update..
I don't know what happened but Couatl.exe is not running. I get the Addon Manager menu item but no Couatl, no GSX, etc.
I don't have any other security product that I could deactive which leaves me in a big puzzle...
Don't know what else to try to fix it.
Reinstalling doesn't seem to work and I am getting that same logfile over and over again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 03:25:05 am »
I don't know what happened but Couatl.exe is not running. I get the Addon Manager menu item but no Couatl, no GSX, etc.

I already explained what the problem is: something is preventing you to get all the latest files from the updater. Try to use the attached file, and place it in the Addon Manager\common folder.

If it works, it's clear the problem is in something in your system which blocks the download, since this the file that is online now, and it's what the Live Updater downloads.

teofilo

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 03:33:37 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the file it was already at the destination so I overwrote it.
I work in IT so I know exactly what you mean, but given the fact that I disabled the windows firewall and Windows defender I have nothing else that could be blocking it.
In any case that was the culprit file and it solved the issue!

But I am still wondering why it gets corrupted upon download.
Something is definately affecting it and its not any security software nor firewall.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2019, 03:41:59 am »

Of course it does...your error log was quite clear.

It wasn't "corrupted", it was just outdated.

Nmaggio

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2019, 05:48:04 am »
Teofilo's post mentioned, " it was working perfectly before today's update.." I am assuming the "update" he is referring to is the regular Windows update. When strange things start happening to my "Sim" programs, I have found through long and arduous trial and error that the nasties occur when a new Windows update comes down the line. I uninstall the Windows update and then check program functionality. If the problem was the update, I test run the Flt Sim and ATC type interactive sims. If everything is back to normal, I create a restore point with a title, such as: "All ok 11/24/19. If crazies happen again, I restore the "safe" restore point. This procedure happens every month or two and helps me keep my sanity.

A value judgment needs to be made if you do not install the latest Windows update. Security issues might jeopardize your system performance. Take precautions as needed. - Nick

teofilo

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2019, 12:16:43 pm »

Of course it does...your error log was quite clear.

It wasn't "corrupted", it was just outdated.

Agreed it was outdated or something happened but the FSDT updater doesn't say that when updating FSDT products.. the installer log said all went well... so how can we tell where it failed?