Author Topic: crash couatl.exe i9n Prepar3d v4.5  (Read 3612 times)

odibom

crash couatl.exe i9n Prepar3d v4.5
« on: November 24, 2019, 12:23:37 am »
Dear need you help:
Prepar3dv4.5 does not open with a GSX 2.8 release.
The initial Prepar3d logo appears and then disappears.
In windows events accuses: crash coualt.exe.
Uninstall GSX 2.8. Run Prepar3d v4.5.exe and it will open normally.
Note that the GSX 2.8 installation error and the error refer to the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 (x86) Redistributable Package.
Visual 2005 is already installed.
Uninstall and install again.
I did the installation again and the persistent error: does not open Prepar3d v4.5 with GSX 2.8 installed in some way.
thankful
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:34:57 am by odibom »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: crash couatl.exe i9n Prepar3d v4.5
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 01:00:56 am »
Note that the GSX 2.8 installation error and the error refer to the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 (x86) Redistributable Package.

Which error, exactly ? Yes, Couatl requires the Visual C ++ 2005 SP1 runtime, because it has inherited this dependency from the FSX Simconnect, otherwise it wouldn't be able to connect to FSX as well so, if your VC++ 2005 installation has a problem, Couatl will surely not run.

Note that, during the installation, we just launch the official Microsoft installer for the VC++ runtimes. If the error is coming from those installer ( most likely is ), it's safe to assume there some kind of problem with those runtimes.

Try to do this:

- Uninstall the 2005 runtimes.

- Restart Windows

- Download the runtimes here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7524

- Install them manuall, hopefully with no errors

- Restart Windows again.

odibom

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 01:37:10 am »
Hi Umberto
I did the procedures you suggested. However, a suggested installation: VS80sp1-KB932232-X86-ENU.exe does not run on my machine.
My Windows 10 is Portuguese Brazil.
The exact error with regard to couatl.exe is this:

Falha no bucket 2045084863755326264, tipo 1
Nome do Evento: APPCRASH
Resposta: Não disponível
ID do CAB: 0

Assinatura do problema:
P1: Couatl.exe
P2: 3.2.0.4278
P3: 5dd57de4
P4: Couatl.exe
P5: 3.2.0.4278
P6: 5dd57de4
P7: c0000005
P8: 0004ef99
P9:
P10:

Nome do aplicativo com falha: Couatl.exe, versão: 3.2.0.4278, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5dd57de4
Nome do módulo com falha: Couatl.exe, versão: 3.2.0.4278, carimbo de data/hora: 0x5dd57de4
Código de exceção: 0xc0000005
Deslocamento da falha: 0x0004ef99
ID do processo com falha: 0x29a4
Hora de início do aplicativo com falha: 0x01d5a24c8b29b09b
Caminho do aplicativo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
Caminho do módulo com falha: C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\Couatl\Couatl.exe
ID do Relatório: c324480a-e524-4db9-8667-f9dc242d9512
Nome completo do pacote com falha:
ID do aplicativo relativo ao pacote com falha:

odibom

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 02:11:21 am »
Follow GSX 2.8 installation errors and Prepar3d v4.5 runtime

odibom

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2019, 04:56:24 pm »
Hi Umberto
I await some solution.
Before version 2.8 (last update) everything was perfectly normal. Prepar3d v4.5 looks great with GSX Level 2.
I confess that I am being fooled by a current situation caused by couatl.exe.
Limit as features of my flights and general simulation.
Please tell me what to do.
Added that does not affect any changes to window 10 (update) or any other application installed after perfect use of Prepar3d v4.5 + GSX, in perfect state.
My "mistake" was made for you to suggest me: upgrade GSX to new version via LiveUpdate. I understand without a doubt that a last update is in trouble.
The news is that you can install GSX 2.8 without this error. To open Prepar3d v4.5, a blue GSX scenario update bar and logo or P3D go into the background indefinitely. We have waited more than 1 hour and have not proceeded to the P3D splash screen. When the task is finished, the Windows task manager accuses or crash coualt.exe.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2019, 07:59:15 pm »
Follow GSX 2.8 installation errors and Prepar3d v4.5 runtime

From your screenshot, it's clear the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX or out installer. The error is coming from the OFFICIAL MS 2005 SP1 installer, the one we start automatically, because it's required for our software to run.

You can see the program window the does the error is called "Microsoft c++ Redistributable", and this is a known problem, and it's caused by your Windows temp folder with a name that is too long, see this page on Microsoft:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/cdb84a5f-5440-4e3c-b413-bd59f1f75b35/error-creating-process-when-installing-microsoft-visual-c-2005-service-pack-1-redistributable?forum=vssetup

odibom

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 12:03:03 am »
Umberto didn't you read my last post regarding installing the whole GSX?
Make it clear that we can install GSX without any error.
This means that you are no longer accused or installing MC ++ 2005 error, as that is exactly what you suggest to me: I changed the TEMP folder from location to short name.
BUT PERSIST PROBLEM AND YES YES PROBLEM IN COUATL.EXE.
It won't do you any good, you may run into the problem and want to pressure Microsoft.
The error is yes for FSDT - couatl.exe, and it does not fail to open Prepar3d v4.5.
The "Microsoft error" has been fixed.
I am a Systems Analyst and I know very well what a mistake is and who belongs.
So you fix this problem - and many post the same problem or, unfortunately, stop using your products.
Big hug and I know what you can do to fix it.
Save all GSX 2.8 setups directly to the FSDT website.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 03:35:39 am »
Please stop repeating over and over the "problem is Couatl.exe". YOU posted a screenshot clearly indicating what the problem was, and I replied to THAT, and that was undoubtedly a problem in the VC++ 2005 redistributable.

Now you are saying you changed the TEMP folder, which clearly indicates my suggestion was correct, so it works now ? If yes, let's go to the next step:

To open Prepar3d v4.5, a blue GSX scenario update bar and logo or P3D go into the background indefinitely. We have waited more than 1 hour and have not proceeded to the P3D splash screen. When the task is finished, the Windows task manager accuses or crash coualt.exe

Your mistake here, is to continue to assume Couatl.exe is the "cause" of the problem. The simulator is crashed, and when it does, it MAKES Couatl.exe to crash. You call yourself a "Systems Analyst, please don't tell me you don't know that an .EXE started from another process CANNOT crash its parent process.

If you read the other thread in the forum, the problem you are now reporting, which doesn't have *ANYTHING* to do with Couatl, which is the simulator locked up on start, was instead caused by the Addon Manager, which for some reason is SOME 3rd party sceneries were installed into a path with non-ASCII characters, made the Addon Manager crash. The Addon Manager is a .DLL so, opposite to Couatl, it CAN crash the sim.

Of course, as you can see in the relevant thread, the problem has been solved, and the updated .DLL is online now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 04:24:42 am »
I removed your reply, because this forum is English only. Please stop repeating this, Couatl doesn't have anything to do with the problem, the current update is working fine, as you can see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22414.msg151816.html#msg151816

With several users that HAD this problem, which confirmed it was FIXED with the latest update.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 04:26:36 am by virtuali »

odibom

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 05:14:06 am »
Ahh, OK. In the previous post you clearly admit that several customers had the same problem. So much so that you corrected it in a new version. I suggest that couatl.exe can show a screen display with the scenario (addon) that could not be loaded. It would be of great use and we would waste no time in looking for errors where there are none. We would cut to the chase. I will not consider the offense you have made of my profession, which has been so successful for over 40 years. Again, sorry, I'm not fluent in English.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 11:58:33 am »
Ahh, OK. In the previous post you clearly admit that several customers had the same problem. So much so that you corrected it in a new version.

That's what I was *TRYING* to explain to you, which kept insisting "Couatl.EXE is the culprit", when I was repeating IT COULD NOT. It was a fairly rare problem, happening only if the username had non-ASCII characters, and it happened ONLY with a specific scenery area.

But this bug in the Addon Manager ( NOT COUATL!! ), as been there for years so, as I've said, multiple times:

- Couatl.exe wasn't the problem, like you keep saying

- The latest update wasn't the problem, like you keep saying, because we fixed something that has been there for years, just that nobody reported, most likely because it started with a recently released scenery from another developer.

- The problem IS fixed now.

I suggest that couatl.exe can show a screen display with the scenario (addon) that could not be loaded. It would be of great use and we would waste no time in looking for errors where there are none.

And how you do you think it could do that, when it cannot not even start itself, since the simulator has crashed ?