Author Topic: PC Help  (Read 9368 times)

kalib

PC Help
« on: October 07, 2009, 05:10:19 pm »
Anyone know if i can run fsdt's KORD and Coolsky's Super80 Pro along with FSX with a 2GB PC with and NVIDIA G FORCE GRAPHICS card? and 250 GB of hard drive ?

bradl

Re: PC Help
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2009, 08:06:01 pm »
Anyone know if i can run fsdt's KORD and Coolsky's Super80 Pro along with FSX with a 2GB PC with and NVIDIA G FORCE GRAPHICS card? and 250 GB of hard drive ?

Which OS are you running? is the video card embedded on the motherboard, or is it a PCI-E or AGP card?

Need a little more specs of your computer before giving a definitive answer.

BL.

JFKpilot

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 01:30:54 am »
Need a little more specs of your computer before giving a definitive answer.

Or he can test the trial himself...THAT would give him the definite answer. (Unless I'm misunderstanding the situation here.  ???)
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

bradl

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 02:43:27 am »

One more thing to ask: Is the 2GB for the processor, or for the memory?

BL.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 03:16:30 am »

One more thing to ask: Is the 2GB for the processor, or for the memory?

BL.

I would assume he was refering to the memory since it's measured in GB and processors are measured in GHz.

Like JFK said he should just try the trial and see for himself. I really like the trial feature, I wish all developers used it.

jcupido

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:01:38 pm »
Hard drive space is relatively irrelavant (since most people have more then enough) but if you are running 2 GB of memory then I don't care what your processor is, you will not be able to run default FSX scenery (let alone payware) without a slideshow.  Also with that memory, it is more then likely have XP with a medocre processor which strengthens my position.  Most people who have top of the line processors are likely getting 4 GB or higher memory since memory is relatively cheap.  Of course I am guessing based on lack of info!

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:16 pm »
Hard drive space is relatively irrelavant (since most people have more then enough) but if you are running 2 GB of memory then I don't care what your processor is, you will not be able to run default FSX scenery (let alone payware) without a slideshow.  Also with that memory, it is more then likely have XP with a medocre processor which strengthens my position.  Most people who have top of the line processors are likely getting 4 GB or higher memory since memory is relatively cheap.  Of course I am guessing based on lack of info!
jcupido not really true I'm doing ok with 2gb of memory believe it or not, what did help me was going from 256 of video memory to 512mb but I would definitely say that 4gb is the way to go. these are my system specs below. I don't even have a 8800gt or 9800gt ati 4850 and I'm still able to play games like ghostbusters resident evil 5 p.c versions, etc etc and they are very demanding games fsx runs fine but of course its more related to cpu speed for me

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA
2 Gigs Super Talent DDR2 667 Ram
Western Digtel sata 320hd
200 Gig Seagate hd
Palit 8600GT 512 <============== Old card was 7800GS 256mb
Antec Truepower Trio 550W
Windows 7 Release Candidate 64BIT
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 07:55:22 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 09:29:25 pm »
My specs below

With them I must be doing something wrong because when I am using FSX I keep thinking to myself that FSX is similar to FS9 like I want to get 40 frames all the time but FSX I get disappointed when I can achieve even 25 at times. Would you agree with me guys/gals if im asking to much of my Sim and my Computer...

I used UTX REX GEX.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

Silverbird

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:59:27 pm »
My specs below

With them I must be doing something wrong because when I am using FSX I keep thinking to myself that FSX is similar to FS9 like I want to get 40 frames all the time but FSX I get disappointed when I can achieve even 25 at times. Would you agree with me guys/gals if im asking to much of my Sim and my Computer...

I used UTX REX GEX.

wideloadwhitford 25 fps looks about right to me I guess some guys have this strange good luck that they achieve higher fps for some reason or it is a combination of parts that work good together, well as long as the sim runs  smooth then your good. I really have to upgrade my ram its been to long lol but money is  never ending battle here.

I don't get high fps mines are low teens 12 to like maybe 19  I personally don't use fsx that much performance for me is not to great I love the sim but the performance I get is not to great right now in fsx I don't expect good frame rates to much not till other major system upgrade but like I said some people do well with the there systems then others, could be a bad or underperforming part in the p.c I honsetly wouldnt worry about having 40fps that works better in fps shooers were the action is very fast in fs to me 25 30 fps is good
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:02:20 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

skimmer

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2009, 10:07:26 pm »
wideloadwhitford, I dont think getting a constant 40 fps is gonna happen untill we spend lotssss of $ on hardware.And as im sure you know the more addons the less fps. It also seems that as the memory gets down to the last few kb the slower the sim runs.Every time just seconds before sim stops and gives me the out of memory shutdwn things will slow down. But thats the way it seems on mine. 40 fps in the big city or the deep woods of Alaska are in my case,NOT.
Why do certian scenery developers say there will be no effect on fps when there is?? :D

jcupido

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2009, 10:52:35 pm »
Silverbird,
    Wow!  I can't even run FS9 well with 2 gigs let alone FSX.  That was based on my personal experience but if you have FSX running well on 2 gigs of memory then more power to you.  Especially if you have Windows Vista which is a memory hog in itself!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:56:37 pm by virtuali »

Silverbird

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 02:14:32 am »
Silverbird,
    Wow!  I can't even run FS9 well with 2 gigs let alone FSX.  That was based on my personal experience but if you have FSX running well on 2 gigs of memory then more power to you.  Especially if you have Windows Vista which is a memory hog in itself!

Hi jcupido yea its wild lol running OK with 2gigs of ram I'm not running vista ;D but windows 7 64bit which uses less memory but you are right its better to run 4gigs of ram since apps and games are getting more intensive. :)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 02:17:04 am by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

bradl

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2009, 02:52:38 am »
Silverbird,

You're kidding, right?

My setup (until Friday):

Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 motherboard
AMD Athlon64 X2 4000+ Socket AM2
2GB DDR2 PC6400 memory (OCZ 5-5-5-18, 1.8v)
15GB Maxtor 7200rpm EIDE (OS only)
200GB Maxtor 5400rpm EIDE (programs only)
200GB Maxtor 5400rpm SATA II (Personal Files, FS9)
eVGA GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Windows XP SP2

I've locked to 65FPS, and all sliders maxed. 2GB is more than enough for FS9.

BL.

wideloadwhitford

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2009, 03:43:57 am »
Well depends Ive got 4GB and I had a good page file and I let my fs9.exe accept more than 2GB of RAM so I never get the out of memory error.
Windows 10 64bit
16GB DDR3
512SSD
nVidia 970GTX 4GB

skimmer

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2009, 06:00:26 pm »
wideloadwhitford, Im getting old so please tell me what is (page file)? How do I find out what mine is?    No laughing. ;D