Author Topic: Jetway does not work on p3d v4.5 default airports.  (Read 2360 times)

haseen

Jetway does not work on p3d v4.5 default airports.
« on: October 29, 2019, 04:23:06 pm »
Dear:
I installed, purchased and activated gsx and gsx level 2 as a bundle this afternoon. I don't use any 3rd party scenery. But when I can't operate the jetways. It says without SODE, jetway can't operate. Please help.
Haseen Ahmad.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Jetway does not work on p3d v4.5 default airports.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
GSX level 2 incorporates the use of SODE jetways and replaces the default jetways with SODE jetways. To download SODE, go here:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/?page_id=9

Latest version at the time of typing is 1.6.5.
Captain Kevin

haseen

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 02:57:02 am »
Dear Captain Kevin:
Thanks for replying. I am very new to GSX and GSX Level 2.
1. I downloaded/installed SODE. My base is VGHS. I parked my 777-300ER at gate 6. When pressed ctl+shift F12, it says bay is too small to provide ground service. Any solution?
2. Suppose gsx is operating, gsx vehicles etc being displayed, if now I want to play without GSX, i e the way I used to do before installing GSX, what to do? Then how can I resume GSX again if I want to?
3. Is there any tool to open/close airplane pax doors and cargo doors? I can't control all the doors.
Please help. Thanks for your time.
Regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2019, 11:50:54 am »
There are two solutions to the first problem. First, try selecting a bigger gate that can actually handle the airplane. Or, if you are absolutely certain the airplane can actually fit in that gate (some AFCADs have their parking radius set up weirdly that it wouldn't be set up properly), just go into the GSX parking customization and change the radius of the parking spot. Read the manual on how to do this. As far as the doors, I'm not sure exactly which plane you're talking about since you didn't really specify, so it's a little difficult to help you there. If it's the PMDG 777-300ER, the door controls will be in the FMC.
Captain Kevin

haseen

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 11:58:18 am »
1. I'll try after reading the manual.
2. Expecting your suggestion which is not replied.
3. For pmdg, fslabs, fly the mad dog x they have controls for doors. But I am refering to Majestic Dash 8 Q400 and other default p3d airplanes.
Thanks & regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »
I mean, if you don't want to use GSX, don't use it. Nobody's really making you do it. Not really sure what you want me to tell you here. Ctrl + Shift + F12 is what calls the GSX menu up, so simply put, don't do that if you don't want to use GSX. The Majestic Dash 8 Q400 should have a manual that tells you how to operate the doors. I don't have it, so I can't really help you there. The default planes would use the default door commands of Shift + E for the main door, then Shift + E + 2, 3, or 4 for any additional exits if they have them.
Captain Kevin

haseen

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 02:58:19 pm »
Thanks for your reply.
Let me put it this way. I parked a Majestic Dash 8. Shut the engines down. Now I used gsx deboarding. I opened the front door. Gsx pax bus arrived. Gsx asked me to open door 2. Now I got stuck. I can't open door 2. So gsx service is not progressing any more. At that point I wanted to quit gsx so that all gsx bus and other vehicles go away and I can continue to play p3d v4 without gsx for that flight only. Can I do that?
Regards,
Haseen Ahmad.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 03:35:24 pm »
So pull up the GSX menu and then hit reset position. Or better yet, figure out how to open door 2 since it should tell you in the manual.
Captain Kevin

haseen

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 04:08:46 pm »
Bingo! That's exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks Captain Kevin.

Haseen Ahmad.