Author Topic: Stutter of all vechicles  (Read 1867 times)

ols500

Stutter of all vechicles
« on: October 13, 2019, 06:55:00 pm »
Hi I get a stutter of all vehicles,in p3d v4. Can you help?

Thanks, Ollie.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stutter of all vechicles
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 11:44:00 am »
What other add-on are you using ? How's your fps ?

Vehicle position updates are driven by fps and, if you have too many other add-ons, especially those that send a lot of commands to the sim through Simconnect, they would all compete to get the sim attention, and this will be even worse if your fps is bad.

You can control this in GSX in some way, by checking the "Cap Simconnect udpates" in the Addon Manager. This settings forces GSX not to update with the frame rate, but at a fixed rate of 30 hz so, it won't spam the sim with too many request if your frame rate is higher than that.

ols500

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 07:02:58 pm »
FPS is around 40, ill try the sim cap tweak. I have loads of addons. Only started stuttering since the latest update.

thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 09:58:37 am »
FPS is around 40, ill try the sim cap tweak. I have loads of addons. Only started stuttering since the latest update.

It's not possible the last update could have anything to do with this, since we haven't changed anything related to the handling of vehicles, their update, the handling of Simconnect updates, the frequency of update, the movement resolution, or anything else that could possibly affect stuttering.

We just changed the pushback algorithm so, if you said "I see stuttering only while pushing", maybe it could be worth checking but, since you said "all vehicles", it's not possible a GSX update could cause this, since none of the other vehicle has been touched in the last update. In fact, it has been a while since an updated covered one of the other vehicles, the last one was probably the Fuel Hydrant, which was added last June.