Author Topic: GSX Error - QW787  (Read 3048 times)

B777ER

GSX Error - QW787
« on: October 06, 2019, 10:55:07 pm »
Using QW 787 v1.2. Latest version of GSX. Get this error every single time when I try to pushback at any airport:

couatl v3.2 (build 4262)
panic log started on Sun Oct  6 16:52:39 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 543, in do
  File ".\common\walker.py", line 257, in walkTo
AssertionError
{'Airport': 'PHNL', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate 7', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate 7', 'User Pos': (21.328729855880187, -157.91568649000033, 8.23146 m, 4.23146 m, 359.99215820794075)}
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error - QW787
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:45:02 am »
Using QW 787 v1.2. Latest version of GSX.

Your error log shows you are not using the latest version of GSX so, be sure you run the FSDT Live Update. This error was caused by your local server not getting the latest files, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22074.msg149966.html#msg149966

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 11:38:06 pm »
Using QW 787 v1.2. Latest version of GSX.

Your error log shows you are not using the latest version of GSX so, be sure you run the FSDT Live Update. This error was caused by your local server not getting the latest files, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,22074.msg149966.html#msg149966

Well, what is interesting is I ran the Live Update yesterday, October 6th. So in the other thread where you state the problem has been fixed which you posted on October 1st, it is not. So now what? Cloudflare says a day or two? They clearly don't know what they are talking about. It's been a week and still not all of their 170 nodes have been updated as evidenced by my issue. FSDT needs to seriously think about using a better company with more reliability.  So now what am I supposed to do?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 11:48:19 pm by B777ER »
Eric

B777ER

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 07:25:45 pm »
Umberto, please see above. What shall I do, still no joy with server and updated files.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2019, 04:52:09 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm you HAD outdated files. However, we posted another update today, so it's possible your local Cloudflare node will hopefully got the latest file now.

B777ER

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 12:33:44 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm you HAD outdated files. However, we posted another update today, so it's possible your local Cloudflare node will hopefully got the latest file now.

1. How will I know? I prefer to know prior to starting the sim. I'm not restarting everything after doing my flight planning and aircraft setup if the error is still there again.

2. Is it not your company's responsibility to work with your provider? It is very poor business acumen to tell your customers, "hopefully got the latest file now". We shouldn't have to play the server node roulette and hope we get the latest files! Your company should ensure we always do! And if not, go with another company as there are many more out there that can provide more reliability. It's ridiculous I am even having to say this to you.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 12:36:47 pm by B777ER »
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2019, 12:03:13 am »
1. How will I know? I prefer to know prior to starting the sim. I'm not restarting everything after doing my flight planning and aircraft setup if the error is still there again.

The only possible reason to know before starting the sim, is that we had the updater to run continuously in the background in Windows, without ever quitting, and constantly checking for updates. Really not feasible, if you really want to know *for sure* before *every* flight.

2. Is it not your company's responsibility to work with your provider? It is very poor business acumen to tell your customers, "hopefully got the latest file now". We shouldn't have to play the server node roulette and hope we get the latest files! Your company should ensure we always do! And if not, go with another company as there are many more out there that can provide more reliability. It's ridiculous I am even having to say this to you.

Although this might seems reasonable to you, reality in fact is way more complex than it seems. OF COURSE we "worked with our provider" but, "our" provider is Amazon AWS, and there, we ALWAYS have the latest files.

Cloudflare is a different thing on top of that, and it's there to save the actual server on Amazon being hammered to the point of being unusable each time we release an update, so the load is spread through 180+ servers around the world, which are supposed to be synchronized automatically in way we cannot control in any way.

OF COURSE we discussed this with Cloudflare, many times but, the issue is, each time we found a case in which a wrong file is being server by Cloudflare, it automatically fixes itself BEFORE they reply by email with "not being able to reproduce the problem", which is normal since, it always takes a bit of time for all servers to get the latest file.

Obviously, our software handles this, since each and every file has a checksum so, the NORMAL situation, is that if you run the FSDT Live Update, you will get all updated files that must be updated, and if you run it a 2nd time immediately thereafter, it shouldn't download *anything*

If, instead, you see a file being downloaded over and over, it means your local Cloudflare node hasn't been updated yet. it usually shouldn't take more than a few hours, surely not more than 24 hours. Which is why, the update notifications are being checked only every 24 hours, not constantly, to allow the files to be spread on all Cloudflare nodes.