Author Topic: Missing Airport images at KSFO and KDEN after running a FSDT Live Update  (Read 2932 times)

cortina

Hello;

I have been getting frequent update messages within the past 2 weeks. However since I did the last updates within the past few days I noticed that add-on airports FlightBeam KSFO and KDEN images are the gates are no longer there. There are also floating images. There airports were fine before the updates.

I uninstalled KSFO (including manually removing sceneries from the scenery files) and reinstalled the software and same issue. I re-ran the live update and same issue. I no longer use the add-on manager since these softwares no longer require it however, it is still installed and active.

In the past when I had this problem (with KSFO) I would update the add-on manager and it would resolve the issue since in those days (2 yrs ago the Add-on manager was used). I just installed KDEN about a month ago and everything was fine.

Was there anything in the latest update that affected this? Again, nothing changed on my PC in over a year, all of my FSX and add-on folders and files are exempted from any windows update (which I haven't had in months since I still run WIN 7) and anti virus scans, I am very careful about that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards.
Cortina.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Airport images at KSFO and KDEN after running a FSDT Live Update
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 11:45:55 am »
Flightbeam sceneries don't use the FSDT Addon Manager anymore, they have their own software, so you must update both to the latest versions.

cortina

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 05:20:49 am »
Hi Umberto;

My apologies for not being too clear in my original note. I already updated the FlightBeam scenery a long time ago (KSFO) and was working fine after the update. KDEN was purchased about a month ago so it already came with their own install. Basically I have had the latest software for something now. So everything was working fine until a week ago when I ran FSDT Live Update after getting the message that an update was available. Once the live update was run that's when the problem started.

Something in the live update seem to have caused the issue seen in the attached.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards.

Cortina. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2019, 05:05:24 pm »
Something in the live update seem to have caused the issue seen in the attached.

It's not possible that anything in the update could possibly affect any Flightbeam sceneries IF they are updated to the current version that doesn't use the FSDT Addon Manager

The only possible explanation of any Flightbeam sceneries being affected by an FSDT Live Update, is they weren't updated so, your installed (outdated) version still required the FSDT Addon Manager and running the Live Update got a version of the Addon Manager that doesn't include support for Flightbeam sceneries, that's why they disappeared.

Bob Savo

Hi , I was looking for a solution to the problem above. My P3dv4.5 was working fine i did the FSDT update and my KSFO and KDFW airports are now missing terminals.
 I got the message below. I uninstalled KSFO and still nothing but KDFW came back no longer do i have a message.
couatl 3.2(build 4325)
panic log started on tues Apr28
problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback( most recent call last):
File"<string>,line48, in loadAddons
File"<string>,line37, in importAndCreateInstance
Couatl.DecryptionError: magic number mismatch
()

Bob Savo

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Hi , I was looking for a solution to the problem above. My P3dv4.5 was working fine i did the FSDT update and my KSFO and KDFW airports are now missing terminals.

As I've said in my previous post, there's nothing in the current Addon Manager that handles any Flightbeam scenery so, if yours was affected, it's because your version is outdated, and was one that still required the FSDT Addon Manager so, since the new Addon Manager doesn't include any Flightbeam sceneries anymore, such outdated version would surely stop to work.

I got the message below. I uninstalled KSFO and still nothing but KDFW came back no longer do i have a message.

Please clarify, if KDFW came back, and you no longer have the message, what is the problem then ?