Author Topic: GSX Purchase  (Read 2095 times)

nantucket

GSX Purchase
« on: August 30, 2019, 08:31:41 pm »
I recently converted from FSX to Prepar3D v 4.5 and plan to purchase GSX ground services. My question is, since Prepar3D v4 is fully supported by GSX, will GSX ground services work at ALL Prepar3D airports, both default and 3rd party, as it does for FSX? I have a number of ORBX airports (payware and freeware) as well as several FSDT airports. The features list makes me think that it does, but I am not sure. Thank You!!

Beat578

Re: GSX Purchase
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:18:45 am »
Hi Nantuket
There is no difference between FSX and Prepar in the way Native and 3rd Party airports work. GSX is even better (especially Level 2) with Prepar, it has now PBR and new great animations. Just be sure to use the newest Prepar 4.5 from the beginning, it will save you some troubles with upgrading later. As far as I know you don't even have to buy GSX again. Just download the GSX Installer for Prepar 3d and you can use the same Activation you had. (At least it worked all that way for my airports, FSDT is very generous in crossgrading on a new plattform).
Custiomization works the same, you have to customize 3rd party airports yourself. But you can do costomization for every kind of airport. I don't know ORBX very well, I just heard that sometimes the Jetways are modelled static and hard to get rid of, but that is no limitation of GSX but of the  scenery itself.
Hope this helps.
Beat578

nantucket

Re: GSX Purchase
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2019, 06:52:38 pm »
Thank you for your response!! I really appreciate the information. I do have the latest version of Prepar3D v4.5 and what a difference from FSX! (32bit vs 64bit). I never bought GSX for FSX, which I now regret, and have been using the trial version of GSX and GSX level 2 in Prepar3D. So, I plan to purchase both real soon. I am not too concerned about jetways for my ORBX airports, since I am currently flying GA business jets, but would like to see "Follow Me" or Fuel Trucks for these ORBX airports.  Thanks again for your help!!