Author Topic: Mash Ground Soup ... [perplexed]  (Read 2181 times)

Terblanche

Mash Ground Soup ... [perplexed]
« on: August 29, 2019, 06:22:29 pm »

For the third time in a week, after two recent updates from FSDT LIVE UPDATE this mash soup has appeared [again] ...
... it looks the same than what happened shortly after GSXv2 was launched.

This was on a flight EGBB/EDDF and right in the middle between EDDK and EDDL - both have GSX jetway modifications.
Nothing has changed on my rig >>>>>> same settings in P3D, same prepar3d.cfg file, same the lot.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/4357/raVkUN.jpg

Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mash Ground Soup ... [perplexed]
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 12:58:36 pm »
.. it looks the same than what happened shortly after GSXv2 was launched.

Just because it "looks" the same, doesn't mean it is the same.

This was on a flight EGBB/EDDF and right in the middle between EDDK and EDDL - both have GSX jetway modifications.

You haven't posted your altitude. Assuming you were flying higher than 10K feet, GSX is not doing anything there and, when you are outside an airport default loading range, which is about 3NM, all jetways are destroyed and they memory reclaimed so, if you are flying between two airports, fact that both have GSX L2 jetways is not relevant, since none of them has loaded any.

But it's easy enough to verify this: disable all our software modules temporarily, from the Options->Addon Menu disable the FSDT Addon Manager, restart the sim, and try the same flight again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 01:16:37 pm »
Also, try Live Update again now, other users reported getting outdated files from some locations because of outdated Cloudflare nodes close to their location, so I force-refreshed some, to be sure this won't happen.

Terblanche

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 01:46:06 pm »
Also, try Live Update again now, other users reported getting outdated files from some locations because of outdated Cloudflare nodes close to their location, so I force-refreshed some, to be sure this won't happen.

Since my first post in this regard it has not happened again ... [touch wood]

One thing that I don't understand, not even a single little bit is this addon rubbish that P3D introduced and now we have a thousand folders with ten thousand files all over your hard drive with NO control over them whatsoever. Since ORBX went this route as well, the Vancouver airport is a mess. LAX is a mess and we have NO control over the layer priority of files - as a matter of fact, I don't even know where to begin to have the FSDT airports on a higher priority as the ORBX ones especially with ORBX's terrain scenery like Canada/Alaska, North and South California. I'm using Addon Organiser but every time you run ORBX CENTRAL then everything is back to where it was before.

Any tips, suggestions, recommendations how to solve this ...??

I can for the life of me not understand why LR XP11 could have the whole damn world, with all the aircraft and plugins in ONE FOLDER and 28 sub folders but LM P3D has it ... well, who knows where.

Terblanche Jordaan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2019, 11:41:45 am »
One thing that I don't understand, not even a single little bit is this addon rubbish that P3D introduced and now we have a thousand folders with ten thousand files all over your hard drive with NO control over them whatsoever.

Before, you had thousand folders with ten thousand files polluting your simulator folder, which was obviously worse and made reinstalling very difficult.

Since ORBX went this route as well, the Vancouver airport is a mess. LAX is a mess

If OrbX causes problems to other airports, it's not because the files are installed "outside" the simulator, but because the way they products are made.

and we have NO control over the layer priority of files - as a matter of fact, I don't even know where to begin to have the FSDT airports on a higher priority as the ORBX ones especially with ORBX's terrain scenery like Canada/Alaska, North and South California.

Yes, you do, if you have the Lorby Addon Organiser. Always places airports on top of everything else. However, sometimes it's not enough. At KLAS, for example, you MUST use a fix made by OrbX to fix the problem they caused to the airport, which couldn't be solved "just" with setting the priority.

I'm using Addon Organiser but every time you run ORBX CENTRAL then everything is back to where it was before.

So your problem doesn't have anything to do with FSDT, P3D4 vastly superior add-on.xml method. It's just a matter of OrbX forcing itself on a specific layer. Is that one on top of other airports ?