Author Topic: Airport and aircraft editor  (Read 2071 times)

mrbill55

Airport and aircraft editor
« on: August 26, 2019, 05:35:25 am »
I have had GSX for years. I run FSX on Windows 7. I am curious why when using the editor I cannot use the "Y" key to exit. I must use Ctl+Alt+Delete to enter the editor, and to exit. I often use "slew" mode, which I turn on and off with the "Y" key. When using the editor the "Y" key does nothing at all. Everything else works as it should.

Thanks,

Bill C

Beat578

Re: Airport and aircraft editor
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 09:34:41 am »
Only thing I can think of is that you need another addon, that uses the "y" key for any other thing, so it's not occupied with the slew command anymore.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 01:05:47 pm »
GSX doesn't try to read keys directly. It uses whatever you defined to enter/exit Slew (and any other command other than its own CTRL+Shift+F12) so, if everything is default, the Y key will be used. If you (or another addon), has changed that key, it will use that one.

Of course, every default key can be reassigned using the standard Controls settings page.

mrbill55

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:55:43 pm »
As I previously stated: The "Y" key is assigned to the FSX default "Slew on/off, so as I understand it, it should work,
but doesn't. When using slew it works as it should.

Bill C

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 02:11:19 pm »
As I previously stated: The "Y" key is assigned to the FSX default "Slew on/off, so as I understand it, it should work, but doesn't. When using slew it works as it should.

It wouldn't work if another add-on is using it, depending how what the other add-on is doing with it, since if an add-on takes a default key, it's his responsibility to "give it back" to the sim when is not in use by it.

GSX doesn't "take" the Slew key. Instead, it will just use whatever key is assigned to the Slew key toggle, provided nothing else has taken.