Author Topic: GSX NO MENU ONLY MARKERS SHOWS UP  (Read 2702 times)

Johs.Klovning

GSX NO MENU ONLY MARKERS SHOWS UP
« on: July 27, 2019, 03:52:40 pm »

Hi

I have finally taken the major step by installing my P3D on a completely new setup,and the only addon i have installed is the GSX/GSX Level 2,but still there are issues,and i am tired of the whole thing.

The installation/SODE Registration and latest update runs fine.Then after startup i let the airport cache run its course.

When i then tries to start The GSX as before,there are NO menues,and ONLY the MARKERS around the aircraft shows up.

Anybody who has a solution to this issue.

Regards
JK

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX NO MENU ONLY MARKERS SHOWS UP
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 02:49:23 pm »
When i then tries to start The GSX as before,there are NO menues,and ONLY the MARKERS around the aircraft shows up.

This means GSX has loaded and it's working. The lack of the menu could be caused by a key conflict. Does the menu opens from the GSX menu under the "Addons" menu ?

Also, it's possible GSX is trying to tell you *why* you cannot open the menu, for example if you are parked but without parking brakes or engines on, GSX won't display the menu but will TELL you why. However, if you disabled the information text in the simulator settings, no messages from add-on will come.

Johs.Klovning

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2019, 11:38:39 pm »
Hi,and thanks for reply!

I have stopped the engines,activated the brakes.AND installed a new fresh version P3D 3.3.5 17625,which GSX worked fine with before this last GSX Update..And still NO on screen option menu from GSX.The only things showing up are still the markers around the airplane..

I recall before this last update,you could start your scenario wherever you want on every airport options in the scenario creator,and GSX would even tell you which gates who were available if you started your scenario on a chosen runway..All this is gone even with a new and fresh install of my P3D..

I have installed numerous times,activated the SODE engine,but the only thing that shows up are the custom gates and the aircraft markers.No vehichles are present,except the tow truck when trying to customize airport posistions.

regards
JK
« Last Edit: July 30, 2019, 11:49:33 pm by Johs.Klovning »

Beat578

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2019, 07:27:39 am »
Is the 3.3 release the latest one? because GSX only supportes the lates update of the Prepar 3 verison. It's somewhere in here wich version it is, but this could be the problem.
Try to update to the latest release of Prepar 3d v3 and try to install GSX again.
Beat578

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2019, 05:12:12 pm »
I have stopped the engines,activated the brakes.AND installed a new fresh version P3D 3.3.5 17625,which GSX worked fine with before this last GSX Update..And still NO on screen option menu from GSX.The only things showing up are still the markers around the airplane..

If you really still want to use P3D3, at least use the latest version, 3.4, which supports the add-on.xml method. Yes, of course, GSX is supposed to support the old method as well, but it's just impossible for us to test it so, please, update to 3.4 and try again.

Johs.Klovning

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:13 pm »
Hi

i Have updated to the latest V3 version which is version 3.4.9.18400.I only updated the client,but still i got the same issue with GSX.Must remind you that i use a clean P3D install without any addons at all.

I installed the latest version of GSX,and i have the complete ADD ON topmenu,but no ON-Screen menu for GSX operation/options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2019, 10:53:24 pm »
i Have updated to the latest V3 version which is version 3.4.9.18400.I only updated the client,

That's the problem, it's a know fact that, without updating the Content as well, the menus won't show up.  In addition to that, the latest version of P3D 3 it's 3.4.22.19868 (Hotfix 3)

https://www.prepar3d.com/news/2017/02/113941/