Author Topic: GSX Registration  (Read 4094 times)

colfmedion

GSX Registration
« on: July 08, 2019, 06:02:34 pm »
Installed GSX and register via add on manager. The registration is accepted until I restart FSX and I have to reregister all over again. This has happend  over 20 times and I have done several uninstall and reinstall of GSX with the same result. Any advice to resolve this would be appreciated.

Beat578

Re: GSX Registration
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 07:54:35 am »
Did you run the app as Administrator? It could be you have not enough rights to really write the Registration into the registry if not.
Beat578

colfmedion

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 12:26:22 pm »
Thanks for response. Did a complete uninstall and reinstall as Adminstrator, this morning but with same result. I am trying something else at the moment.

colfmedion

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2019, 02:30:11 pm »
What I tried was installing on another machine - completely fresh installation of FSX and GSX but ended up with the same result. I have now Emailed  Virtuali to see if they can help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 05:30:59 pm »
The problem doesn't happen, and it's not normal.

- Be sure you DO NOT run the simulator in a "Compatibility" mode, like Windows 7 or Windows XP under Windows 8/10

- Be sure you DO NOT run any of the add-ons that starts with the simulator in a "Compatibility" mode as well.

colfmedion

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 03:18:38 pm »
I reloaded GSX yesterday and no compatabiliy mode with FSX or any Add Ons. I registered serial number again which was accepted. I closed FSX down, restarted and again it was in Trial Mode. This time I tried one of the Trial Mode Airports and everything worked well. I then registered again and again everything worked as it should. I exited FSX and restarted and GSX was still registered and everything worked as it should. 5 minutes ago I thought I had better check to make sure FSX and GSX were still working as they should but GSX was back to Trial mode??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:02:10 am »
I already explained the only known reasons why this might happen. Is your user account a "limited" kind of account ? If yes, or you don't know, try to run the simulator As Administrator, at least once, for the activation.

colfmedion

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 08:15:06 am »
My account is  Full Administrative Account. I started FSX as Administrator and went through carefully and registratrion accepted but closed FSX down, restarted and back to Trial Mode, as before.

colfmedion

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 04:37:59 pm »
Loaded FSX Steam and GSX with the same result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 11:25:12 am »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm the only possible reasons for what looks like a successful activation that doesn't stay for the next session, is Compatibility mode or user limited account.

Unless, perhaps, you are confusing GSX and GSX L2 so, you activated GSX L2 but you still have GSX in Trial, so you see the GSX Trial airports menu.

colfmedion

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 05:10:06 pm »
No confusion here.I have followed carefully a dozen times everything you have said but to no avail. I have decided to go for the Nuclear Option - I am reinstalling Windows and then FSX etc.