Author Topic: how to call the new fuel truck  (Read 3437 times)

Perry333

how to call the new fuel truck
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:59:02 pm »
Is their a way to select the new fuel truck that connects to the ground fuel source. Or is this random. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: how to call the new fuel truck
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:00:32 pm »
It's not random, it requires that:

- The parking should be a gate with a jetway, of any kind. Parking spots on the apron will get a Fuel Tanker instead.

AND

- The airplane refueling point under the wing is at least 3.40 meters high.

Perry333

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:06:03 pm »
Ok so I did a flight with PMDG 737 at a gate but other fuel truck came so does that mean 737 is not high enough? Thank for the new update too!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 03:39:53 pm »
Ok so I did a flight with PMDG 737 at a gate but other fuel truck came so does that mean 737 is not high enough? Thank for the new update too!

The configuration that we supply for the PMDG 737 has a refuel point higher than 3.40 meters, so the hydrant WILL appear.

However, if you edited it before we updated the GSX internal one, your configuration is taking precedence over the default one so, either you set the refuel manually, or simply remove your airplane customization, an restart Coautl to apply the changes. Custom configurations are removed by pressing the RESET button in the airplane configuration page

Perry333

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 07:55:51 pm »
So originally I tried this at ORBX KGPI with it's own SODE jetways ,and GSX would only call regular fuel truck. Then I tried default airport with GSX jetways ,then the hydrant does appear and hydrant fuel truck comes and works fine. So it looks like you need to have a GSX jetway to get hydrant fuel truck.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 01:23:59 pm »
The hydrant is supposed to recognize any kind of jetway, even a default one, but we'll check this.

Perry333

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2019, 02:08:49 pm »
great  thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 06:11:26 pm »
I checked now with a 3rd party scenery with non-GSX SODE jetways ( 29 Palms EDDN ), and I can see the tanker just fine, tried with both the old default 737 from FSX, and with the PMDG 737-800, and I can see the Hydrant with both, working just fine.

Just to be clear: do you have GSX L2 activated ? The new Fuel Hydrant is the only thing in the latest update which requires GSX L2. And, it requires PBR so, it works only with P3D 4.4 and above.

Perry333

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 01:49:19 am »
Hi, so I tried another Orbx airport (KSAN) with non GSX sode jetways and it works fine. I do have P3D 4.4 and GSX 2 is active. I'm wondering if the problem could be that Orbx has the airport code as KGPI which is the new one , but P3D in the sim is still old one KFCA .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 06:58:07 pm »
I'm wondering if the problem could be that Orbx has the airport code as KGPI which is the new one , but P3D in the sim is still old one KFCA

Has GSX loaded the correct AFCAD for the airport ?