Author Topic: Thanks Umberto and FS Dreamteam for an amazing update  (Read 2346 times)

glc100o

Thanks Umberto and FS Dreamteam for an amazing update
« on: July 04, 2019, 05:29:22 am »
After getting the P3D  4.5 version I made some flights and explored this GSX update. I think it is truly remarkable and can only imagine how much work must have gone into creating it. The PBR vehicles and characters really add to the immersion and realism of the sim and are quite an improvement over the previous ones. The custom cameras are a clever surprise and make it easy to watch the processes ongoing outside the plane from different viewpoints. Driving around the airport makes you feel like you are there.

I want to give credit and thanks to Umberto for the tremendous support he provides to us customers. The launch was rocky for some because of installation issues, but they were taken care of very quickly and I have yet to see another developer willing to Teamview with a sim customer to sort out a problem with installing software. Probably Umberto needs a good night's sleep though after this launch!

Greg

Beat578

Re: Thanks Umberto and FS Dreamteam for an amazing update
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 07:14:55 am »
True. You only hear complaints and accuses for things that go wrong and sometimes are not even driven by GSX.
It's an amazing program with amazing support.
Beat578

pilot3033

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 07:19:09 am »
100% agree. It's an amazing update that was free. FSDT does it right.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:28:56 am »
True. You only hear complaints and accuses for things that go wrong and sometimes are not even driven by GSX.   It's an amazing program with amazing support.

As I already said in another thread, most of the problems were happening in FSX ( or P3D1/2/3 ), because we didn't do enough testing with 32 bit simulators and, apparently, none of our testers ( there are about 30 of them ) use FSX anymore either, otherwise these problems would have been found long ago, considering we have been in beta for a least a couple of months.

It's not really different than any new released of P3D4 itself.

The Beta usually last months, and when it's ready, it usually looks "perfect", as you would think nothing could possibly go wrong. And yet, when the update goes out in the real world, in the hands of ten of thousands of users, you see the LM forum and other simulation forums FLOODED with all sort of problems, even very serious ones, like the sim not even starting, black screens, CTD, nVidia errors, all add-ons wiped out, lots of add-ons having issues, with threads going on and on with dozen of pages, for a release that, to testers, looked absolutely PERFECT.

The issue is, you just can't replicate the real world with testers, because they usually are either advanced users that KNOW how to properly maintain their system, or are other developers, that usually don't have anything else installed other than their own products.

I had a TM session with an user who had its P3D4 starting up in something like 5 minutes ( mine takes 30 seconds ) and, when enabling the "Content Error" report, the "ContentErrors.txt" file was full of PAGES and PAGES of errors. *Everything* in the sim was basically screwed up by addons, there were thousands of errors caused by missing AI, missing AI textures, sceneries with corrupted files, the last pages even contained errors indicating the simulator couldn't even compile ITS OWN SHADERS! Most likely, because these weren't its own shaders, but shaders modified by those shader mods which seems so popular these days. It was a MIRACLE the sim even started! But I'm sure the thing will run perfectly, after it will be completely reinstalled from scratch...

This is the real world but I don't see easy solutions to that. Nobody would want to use a "closed" simulator. with no add-on and no configuration freedom, otherwise we would all be using MS Flight by now...

Driver170

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:33:24 am »
True. You only hear complaints and accuses for things that go wrong and sometimes are not even driven by GSX.   It's an amazing program with amazing support.

As I already said in another thread, most of the problems were happening in FSX ( or P3D1/2/3 ), because we didn't do enough testing with 32 bit simulators and, apparently, none of our testers ( there are about 30 of them ) use FSX anymore either, otherwise these problems would have been found long ago, considering we have been in beta for a least a couple of months.

It's not really different than any new released of P3D4 itself.

The Beta usually last months, and when it's ready, it usually looks "perfect", as you would think nothing could possibly go wrong. And yet, when the update goes out in the real world, in the hands of ten of thousands of users, you see the LM forum and other simulation forums FLOODED with all sort of problems, even very serious ones, like the sim not even starting, black screens, CTD, nVidia errors, all add-ons wiped out, lots of add-ons having issues, with threads going on and on with dozen of pages, for a release that, to testers, looked absolutely PERFECT.

The issue is, you just can't replicate the real world with testers, because they usually are either advanced users that KNOW how to properly maintain their system, or are other developers, that usually don't have anything else installed other than their own products.

I had a TM session with an user who had its P3D4 starting up in something like 5 minutes ( mine takes 30 seconds ) and, when enabling the "Content Error" report, the "ContentErrors.txt" file was full of PAGES and PAGES of errors. *Everything* in the sim was basically screwed up by addons, there were thousands of errors caused by missing AI, missing AI textures, sceneries with corrupted files, the last pages even contained errors indicating the simulator couldn't even compile ITS OWN SHADERS! Most likely, because these weren't its own shaders, but shaders modified by those shader mods which seems so popular these days. It was a MIRACLE the sim even started! But I'm sure the thing will run perfectly, after it will be completely reinstalled from scratch...

This is the real world but I don't see easy solutions to that. Nobody would want to use a "closed" simulator. with no add-on and no configuration freedom, otherwise we would all be using MS Flight by now...

Absolutely well said!!!!

I see these kind of people hunting for endless tweaks and modifications on all forums and applying any BS to there sim because this USERNAME put out that hes found the golden nugget.

2 word in these communities HAMSTER WHEEL

Beto1

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 05:30:21 pm »
Hello you all,

I can't speak for all FSX users.

I had been using flight simulator since Tandy days, almost all combat and MS, and others.
then I stuck to FS more.

Of course that implied building a new computer quite often.
The good part is that my previous computer went to someone that wouldn't afford one.
went thru the pain of sounblaster, Nvidia, Diamond cards maturing.

I was pleased to see FSX back in the days and  got many addons.

Now with all addons that add what I enjoy ( not going to list for respect of sites)
and flying it on a fluent enjoyable frames its still the best for me.
Please do tot skip th Me on the last paragrph.

And I have Xplane11 and P3D4.

Untill my current more escencial addons are not released or P3D4, im still using FSX.

And yes, im looking forward to 2020.

You see, i got FSDT Sceneries and GSX both, and i like them.
I have customized a couple airports too.

I out traveling a lot and my time at home is about catching up on choreas and relaxing in my (BOX) a cockpit im building on free time is valuable.

Yes it was exiting seing it was a new update and sad to see the effect of this in my setup.

Issue solved thanks to fix by FSDT.

The part that bothers me at times, as an observer, is the act that some users of P3D 4 seem to no understand people using FSX.
So what, its they prorogative.
As i said I have all and still go back to FSX (yes im not happy is not 64 bit) but it has what im looking for.

I have each sim on its own bothable drive. Alone.

And respect both 64 and 32 bit users.

No one is better that the other (user) .

All bought a program aim for their use. FSX or P3D.
Both ahve the same rights.

If FSX was not tested thinking P3D is the norm, it is not the FSX user.

I have a clean only FSX system working perfectly and smooth.
Also a Clean XP11,
Clean P3D.
Not even a printer installed or any not flight simulator related (besides operating system and hardware related drivers)

And i was affected by the update.

Im not going to ask for understanding cause that comes with caracter.

Just hope that a mutaul respect and sense of coumunite for all simmersno matter your preference is observed...

Can you all get along?

LOL,

You all have a blessed day and just plain enjoy yout hobby.

DrJ1

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 08:30:57 pm »
Also agree with others.  FSDT does a great job and this is another add-on that proves it.    People just need to relax.... It won't always go smoothly, but FSDT has always fixed their issues, they just need the proper information when they ask for it, and then some time to work the issue.  Getting angry with them certainly won't help....    ANYWAY,   Great job FSDT, Awesome update!!!    Take some time to catch your breath....  now bring on KORD !!!!   ;D