Author Topic: QW787 does not like pushback  (Read 6240 times)

vysous

QW787 does not like pushback
« on: July 03, 2019, 07:23:51 am »
Dear developers,

after the last update, my QW787 stopped liking being pushed back - maybe the pushback (the one without the tow-bar) now lifts a nosewheel a little bit (is this possible? did something change in this regard?) and QW787 starts (maybe) to think it is in the air and shouting "too low, flaps!, too low, flaps!" and just after the tractor leaves, the nose of the aircraft starts to jump like hell. This lasts indefinitely until I start moving the aircraft using the engines - then it stops after few seconds.

It is aircraft specific - I tested with the NGX and everything was fine.

Just to let you know....

With kind regards, Jan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QW787 does not like pushback
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 09:22:16 am »
maybe the pushback (the one without the tow-bar) now lifts a nosewheel a little bit (is this possible? did something change in this regard?)

Of course it does, it's a great new feature!

and QW787 starts (maybe) to think it is in the air and shouting "too low, flaps!, too low, flaps!" and just after the tractor leaves, the nose of the aircraft starts to jump like hell. This lasts indefinitely until I start moving the aircraft using the engines - then it stops after few seconds.

I'll ask QW if they could possibly disable these alarms while GSX is pushing, which they can check easily, since there's a variable for that.

vysous

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 11:19:51 am »
Thanks. Just a comment: it is not just alarm - the front of the airplane starts jumping like hell after the truck is released (it is kind of funny, but annoying). It stops only after the plane moves for several seconds, I believe the nosewheel suspension gets confused somehow.

I will test this with other aircraft too...

Best, Jan

jhambly

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 12:11:02 pm »
Yes.  I have found exactly the same with my QW787 after the new update.  Too Low alarms plus the plane reacts like its been dropped when the tow is released.  I.m going to try specifying a different push back tug see if that helps

John

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 03:49:19 pm »
Did you guys also post this over at the QW forums? I did not see anything like this over there, but as it most probably also needs some adjustments from QW, it might be worth telling them, no?

However, if I think about how often GSX is updated versus the QW787, chances are bigger that FSDT resolves this issue way before QW even thinks about it...

psolk

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2019, 11:54:56 am »
I didn't see anything about this is the QW forums but to be fair, this was working fine with GSX L2 prior to the latest upgrade so clearly nothing changed on the QW side...

Same behavior here, with the barless tug that lifts the nose wheel Qualitywings just starts bouncing up and down uncontrollably after the tug releases the nose wheel and getting Terrain warnings when the tug connects...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 05:48:09 pm »
I didn't see anything about this is the QW forums but to be fair, this was working fine with GSX L2 prior to the latest upgrade so clearly nothing changed on the QW side...

Nobody has said, of course, it's a "problem" on QW side. Of course the update results in this, with SOME 3rd party airplanes *only*, because the update has introduced a NEW feature, which is the pushback truck actually RAISING the airplane.

This of course works flawlessly with a default airplane but, some 3rd party airplanes might have non-standard simulations going on, like custom ground handling, which must be turned off when an external force is controlling the airplane. THIS is what airplane developers are supposed to do, if they want to be compatible with new features in GSX which works 100% with a default aircraft.

This, assuming the problem is caused by a custom ground handling simulation, which I think it's the case for FS Labs or PMDG, which "fights" against the GSX pushback, not sure about the QW787 but, as I've said, I'll ask.

psolk

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 11:22:57 pm »
Nope, and nobody said it was a "problem" on the GSX side either, just said nothing changed with QW, it just obviously doesn't like the new nose gear lowering/raising process as you mentioned. 
Thank you for looking into it.  Just did my first flight out of SFO with the 777 and it was pretty amazing with the GSX updates.  PBR looks great, animations are great, dialog is so vastly improved, fuel flow process was awesome, really impressive stuff.  I even used the first person views to go for a "ride" around the airport LOL.

In the interim is there any way to select a pushback vehicle type (sort of how we do the catering company) to ensure we get a Tug/Bar system instead of barless? 

Thanks again for all the hard work, truly game changing stuff.
Paul

mertayd1n

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2019, 08:40:50 pm »
I have the same problem. What do we expect to be resolved?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2019, 11:12:50 pm »

You cannot expect this to be "resolved" quickly if with "resolved" you mean the plane being raised as if it were a default airplane. The only thing we *might* dp on our side, is to turn off this feature for specific airplane models that have problems with it because of their flight model so, GSX will just work as it always did before, with those airplanes.

psolk

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2019, 11:26:35 pm »

You cannot expect this to be "resolved" quickly if with "resolved" you mean the plane being raised as if it were a default airplane. The only thing we *might* dp on our side, is to turn off this feature for specific airplane models that have problems with it because of their flight model so, GSX will just work as it always did before, with those airplanes.

Seems like a pretty fair workaround!  As an ex engineer I love KISS ;) 

bjratchf

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2019, 11:16:25 pm »
Wasn't there an option in the GSX settings to "fix for pushback" in the aircraft specific settings for GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2019, 03:31:44 pm »
Wasn't there an option in the GSX settings to "fix for pushback" in the aircraft specific settings for GSX?

No, there wasn't.