Author Topic: First impressions after the new Update  (Read 2514 times)

torsten

First impressions after the new Update
« on: July 03, 2019, 12:32:56 am »
Hello,

i dont give so much on PBR.

But there are still some things to say.

1. Why is there only ONE point for the curve when i set up a custom pusback in free mode ?? Why not having more, developers can use a easy List of this points to create a much more "round" and easy to set up pushback track ( for example for TNCM Gate A4.
2. The "stupid" question if i want to start the engines before pushback is still there. I can not understand why there is no option in the aircraft settings in GSX to enable or disable this...very anoing !!
3. The Truck is still making stupid turns sometimes. Maybe this depends a bit on the afcad (also as example in TNCM Gate A4 but not only here), but it is sometimes a bit funny when the truck makes a 360° turn :-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: First impressions after the new Update
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 01:41:14 am »
1. Why is there only ONE point for the curve when i set up a custom pusback in free mode ?? Why not having more, developers can use a easy List of this points to create a much more "round" and easy to set up pushback track ( for example for TNCM Gate A4.

Because it's easier and faster, and because when the intermediate point, the final point and the final heading are set correctly, there aren't many curves which cannot be fitted, unless you wanted to do something really unusual, like an "S". You don't have to add points to make the curve "smoother", it will be already totally smooth, since those points are just used to fit a spline, but the truck will not pass *there* exactly, it will create a smooth curve based on the truck + airplane system, using those points only as control points for the spline.

2. The "stupid" question if i want to start the engines before pushback is still there. I can not understand why there is no option in the aircraft settings in GSX to enable or disable this...very anoing !!

Maybe because many users asked for it, opposite to only one ( YOU ) that doesn't like it and is mistakenly calling it "stupid". There are so many much important things to add to GSX, that fixating on this totally minor thing, which is not obviously a bug, is really not necessary. Do you think there's NOTHING else more important to add ? Do you think GSX is already PERFECT, save for this missing option ?

3. The Truck is still making stupid turns sometimes. Maybe this depends a bit on the afcad (also as example in TNCM Gate A4 but not only here), but it is sometimes a bit funny when the truck makes a 360° turn :-)

The truck doesn't do anything "stupid". And it's not "maybe" or "a bit" depending from the AFCAD. It's TOTALLY depending on the AFCAD, and the new "Free" Custom Pushback option is there precisely for the reason that finally users will realize that, everything mistakenly assumed to be "stupid", was caused by the AFCAD, and when you are free to choose a route that doesn't use it, it doesn't have ANY problems.

Obviously, it can't do miracles, even with a custom pushback, you cannot take out a 747 from outside a small corner in a parking suited for smaller airplanes. When you see the 360 turnaround, it's NOT A BUG, it's just an indication you asked to do something impossible.

But now, you can fix it without changing the AFCAD, and that's a huge difference.

Yes, we are perfectly aware the "final" solution to replicate every kind of Pushback, is the ability to Push AND Pull. We confirmed so many times this WILL come, just as if when we confirmed multiple times the ability to do a custom pushback not linked to the AFCAD would come, and it has.

But Push-Pull will make doing Custom pushback routes more complex as well, because we would need some way to let user specify segments in Push mode, and segments in Pull mode, which would make a customization a fairly lengthy process.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 01:45:55 am by virtuali »

torsten

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 09:37:37 am »
Code: [Select]
Because it's easier and faster, and because when the intermediate point, the final point and the final heading are set correctly, there aren't many curves which cannot be fitted, unless you wanted to do something really unusual, like an "S". You don't have to add points to make the curve "smoother", it will be already totally smooth, since those points are just used to fit a spline, but the truck will not pass *there* exactly, it will create a smooth curve based on the truck + airplane system, using those points only as control points for the spline.
I did a PB in TNCM as i wrote and if you try that you will see it. I did not a video .. too bad.
A pusback with more turning Points are more often happen then you think/know.

The PB Procedure from Better Pushback are much more usefull.

Code: [Select]
Maybe because many users asked for it, opposite to only one ( YOU ) that doesn't like it and is mistakenly calling it "stupid".
I did a lot of pushback in EDDP, and the Walker NEVER ask me that question.
That is ONLY happen, if the APU is not working and/or the ASU is used to start the Engines. Otherwiese it is not allowed to start the Engines on the Stand.
WHy is it so complicated to put a option for this into the GSX Aircraft Setup ?? I dont understand...

---------------
BTW, afer the "BIG" update is out now, is it now, after Years of waiting, time for the GPU/ASU and Wheel Chocks ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 11:42:13 am »
A pusback with more turning Points are more often happen then you think/know.

Which is why as I've said, quite clearly:

- The custom pushback in this update is just the BEGINING of a complete pushback rewamp, which will happen later. Have I ever said we considered the Pushback to be complete now ?

- Making multiple waypoints will undoubtedly make the customization more complex, especially coupled with the ability to decide which segments should be made in Push mode and which ones in Pull mode, which is obviously required to make the pushback capable to handle all situations.

The PB Procedure from Better Pushback are much more usefull

No, they aren't, because they force you to redo the customization over and over again, which is both annoying and hardly realistic, since it's not as if the pushback procedure changes every time on the same parking. With GSX, you do it only ONCE, and then it's saved.

WHy is it so complicated to put a option for this into the GSX Aircraft Setup ?? I dont understand...

Because, as I've said so many times, it requires more than ONE user asking for something, to be considered to be added. Many users asked for that question to be added. You are the only one asking to be removed so, we can make it as an option, but only when there's nothing more important left to do.

BTW, afer the "BIG" update is out now, is it now, after Years of waiting, time for the GPU/ASU and Wheel Chocks ?

You mean two functions that, after all these years, comes with almost every 3rd party airplanes that most people use, so we must work on a feature that would be likely configured to be disabled on the most popular airplanes ?

cartayna

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 02:27:11 pm »
I did a PB in TNCM as i wrote and if you try that you will see it. I did not a video .. too bad.
A pusback with more turning Points are more often happen then you think/know. The PB Procedure from Better Pushback are much more usefull.

you do not need more. one is plenty. you can even do a zig zag and very much doubt you would find an airport in simworld or in reallife that can be more complex than the last pushback I show you on this video. At least i havent found one yet in real life.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:13:22 pm by virtuali »