Author Topic: SLI Flicker is back but cannot fix.  (Read 6118 times)

Matty260191

Re: SLI Flicker is back but cannot fix.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 02:43:09 pm »
Ok so Im stuck with this problem then? disable RTT is not doing anything. also I have ran the Live updater several times still JFK has the issue. Like I said i would rather go back to the previous version. is this not possible? what can i actually do at this point? I stream a lot and this just looks real bad.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2019, 02:44:35 pm »
You are stuck with this problem until we'll fix it. Sorry, but SLI really cause lots of trouble if the software is not made to support it.

You can go back to the old version only if you have an old installer and install it entirely offline.

Matty260191

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2019, 02:51:07 pm »
Just disabled SLI and enabled RTT an magic the textures for the Logo's are back and the KJFK issue is Gone so does that help or did you already know this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 02:53:06 pm »
Just disabled SLI and enabled RTT an magic the textures for the Logo's are back and the KJFK issue is Gone so does that help or did you already know this?

As I've said in my previous post, when you disabled the RTT option, you were getting the same problem as FSX users. Disabling/Enabling RTT also requires a simulator restart.

Matty260191

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2019, 02:58:04 pm »
I am telling you I have just tried the same scenario with SLI disabled and RTT enabled and its works just fine no flicker and it actually loads the textures for Logo's and KJFK has no error when loaded.

To me I take from that that yes SLI causes the Flicker but since I tried with SLI off and RTT disabled and i still got black textures even though the didn't flicker this tells me its SLI causing the flicker but something el;se causing black textures to load for the Logo's is the just the RTT disabled doing that?

So for now my only work around is SLI off and RTT ON.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2019, 03:05:26 pm »
I am telling you I have just tried the same scenario with SLI disabled and RTT enabled and its works just fine no flicker and it actually loads the textures for Logo's and KJFK has no error when loaded.

Of course it works fine. Since the problem IS caused by SLI, if you disable SLI, everything will work and, the "Disable RTT" option should stay on, which is the normal situation.

Maybe it's not clear enough: the reason why there's a "Disable RTT" option is that, on SOME systems (not related to SLI), SOME users reported an API.DLL crash in the Event Viewer AFTER closing the sim.  This was totally harmless but, since some users were worried about it, we added this option so they won't see the error in the Event View anymore, at the cost of losing the Jetway Number.

That didn't had anything to do with SLI, at least initially. If you look other posts of mine, I think to have explicitly said a possible solution for SLI is changing the rttsli parameter in the Couatladdons.ini file, which can be tried, but not Disable RTT, which should always stay on.

My comment about a possible update, was just in case the problem wasn't fixed, not even with SLI disabled!

So for now my only work around is SLI off and RTT ON.

That's what I always said right from the start: JUST disable SLI, which is what causes the flickering, and use the program in what is the default configuration, which is "Disable RTT" NOT set.

Matty260191

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2019, 03:16:23 pm »
To be honest i have wondered a while about just removing my second card since 2 x 1080's at X8 or i can run one of them no SLI @m x 16 I have other ad-dons with issues with SLi and have learned that SLI doesn't really do much for the Sim. im not 100 % sure but the FPS is the same without SLI and my sim seems smoother due to no alternate card rendering think ill try this for a while see how it goes just a single 1080 should be strong enough.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2019, 03:26:28 pm »
Yes, SLI is very trick and cause more problems than it's usually worth, because there's some overhead handling it, and there's the additional power request from the PSU. If the software is not really made to support it, is not worth it.

I suggest selling your pair of 1080s, which still have some market, since they are good cards and, if you look for performances, get a single 2080 instead.