Author Topic: SLI Flicker is back but cannot fix.  (Read 6111 times)

Matty260191

SLI Flicker is back but cannot fix.
« on: July 02, 2019, 01:18:22 am »
With the previous version SLI flicker was fixed by disabling RTT but only had issues with the numbers on gates flickering. After the full install of the new version now the Logos on vehicles flicker too and are not fixes by disabling the RTT box. This is a horrific issue that needs resolving.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SLI Flicker is back but cannot fix.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 01:58:22 am »
After the full install of the new version now the Logos on vehicles flicker too and are not fixes by disabling the RTT box. This is a horrific issue that needs resolving.

You weren't supposed to fix the jetway numbers by disabling rtt, that would *remove* the jetway numbers instead. We made an experimental fix explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18864.0.html

But if that doesn't fix it, we don't know how even being to start troubleshooting it. Nobody of us or our testers has SLI.

Matty260191

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:07:16 am »
Ok so i should enable RTT? Ill do that and try your fix and post a vid tomorrow to show you see if that helps diagnose.

Matty260191

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 03:08:43 am »
My issue is only after this update do all the vehicle logos flicker.

steveo1731987

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:24:32 pm »
I have tried what was suggested still to no avail. this did not happen with the previous version the only issues was the gate numbers which i solved but this logo issue is a new one. this may mean reverting to the previous version which s not ideal as finally PMDG was a smooth push back.

Matty260191

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 01:51:32 pm »

have attached files to see if that help you figure this out also. if not how do we go back to the previous version? something is wrong with logos after the update for sure.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:17:45 pm by Matty260191 »

Matty260191

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 02:08:56 pm »
This cannot be an SLI issue I just tried it without SLI and this is the result.  
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 02:17:21 pm by Matty260191 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 02:17:16 pm »
have attached files to see if that help you figure this out also. if not how do we go back to the previous version? something is wrong with logos after the update for sure.

There's nothing wrong with the new version, the old version was exactly the same, it's just you didn't noticed that, because this method was used only for jetway numbers and, if you set the "Disable RTT" option, they would disappear entirely so, clearly, something that it's not there cannot possibly flicker.

Both of your videos report an error, so I cannot see what kind of flickering you got.

Matty260191

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 02:22:35 pm »
video links updated. the issue is present with the logo's with rtt on or off in the previous version i only had flashing issues with the gate numbers that why i removed them using disable RTT I never had a single issue with the  logo's flashing. so yes thats a new issue with this version. where can i find the previous version installer please? its not available on the web page any longer.

Matty260191

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 02:24:11 pm »
also please see the error log thats happening when i loaded at FSDT KJFK. have not tried any other airports really.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 02:26:09 pm »
video links updated. the issue is present with the logo's with rtt on or off in the previous version i only had flashing issues with the gate numbers that why i removed them using disable RTT I never had a single issue with the  logo's flashing. so yes thats a new issue with this version. where can i find the previous version installer please? its not available on the web page any longer.

Maybe I haven't explained myself clearly enough. Yes, the logo are made differently in this version, in the way they are made exactly like the jetway numbers so, the way they work is EXACTLY like in the old version, just that even the logos now use that method, not just the Jetway numbers.

So, if you had flickering with the jetway numbers before, you will have flickering with the logos and this IS caused by SLI.

If that doesn't fix that, I cannot see any other option than having the logos to be entirely disabled, like the jetway numbers, when the "RTT disable" is set.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 02:27:13 pm »
Your video still doesn't work. Before, it gave an error, now it says "unavailable"

Matty260191

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 02:34:46 pm »
i had them private sorry should work now. i get what your saying so yes disable RTT is on but the issues still persists. how do I completely disable LOGO's?

Matty260191

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 02:35:31 pm »
also did you see the log for KJFK its all errors loading the LOGO's

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 02:38:12 pm »
i had them private sorry should work now.

Yes, that's clearly SLI flickering.

i get what your saying so yes disable RTT is on but the issues still persists. how do I completely disable LOGO's?

There's nothing you can do. We must update the software to be sure that no logo ( or, possibly, a vehicle with a generic non-RTT logo ) is used when rtt is disabled.

The issue at JFK has been already discussed in other threads, and normally would affect FSX users only but, since you disabled RTT, it probably affects you as well. There's already a fix for it on the Live Update.