Author Topic: Poor Performance after using many Custom View from different Ground Vehicles  (Read 2580 times)

baires

Hi FSDT!

Amazing update... really, working alright.. but, I've found that after using the Custom Camera views, my performance drops a lot. I tried a demo flight without using the Custom Camera views of GSX, and everything went alright, as it used to be.

I'm using P3D V4.5 / GTX1060 / i7-4790K 4GHZ / 16GB of ram

Does anybody else reported loss of FPS after using the custom camera views?

Thank you and greetings from Argentina!

Rafael A. Reca
Buenos Aires, Argentina

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The Custom Camera views have exactly ZERO impact on performances per se.

However, since you are generally looking at vehicles from close range, the highest resolution textures are being loaded so, if your card is a bit weak and/or your settings are too high and/or you have many addons installed that use texture memory, you might notice some fps loss, but that's not due to the Camera views, just the fact then when an object is seen from a closer distance, the texture loaded are the highest quality ones.

ha5mvo

Shouldn't P3D unload the memory once one is back to cockpit view?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Shouldn't P3D unload the memory once one is back to cockpit view?

If the object is still close to your airplane, it might not unload it. And, it's not something the sim does, Mip-mapping is handled by the video drivers.

baires

The Custom Camera views have exactly ZERO impact on performances per se.

However, since you are generally looking at vehicles from close range, the highest resolution textures are being loaded so, if your card is a bit weak and/or your settings are too high and/or you have many addons installed that use texture memory, you might notice some fps loss, but that's not due to the Camera views, just the fact then when an object is seen from a closer distance, the texture loaded are the highest quality ones.

Dear Umberto! Thank you so much for your prompt reply - Can we get an option for Lite Textures / 2K in the short term/next update?

Warm regards!

Rafael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Can we get an option for Lite Textures / 2K in the short term/next update?

Just lower the texture resolution in the graphic settings.

baires

Thank you so much Umberto once again..

I thought that could be changed at GSX Settings - because I already have 2048x2048 texture resolution set at P3D settings.

I hope something can be done in the near future, in order to enjoy the product even more.

Warm regards,

Rafael
Buenos Aires, Argentina