Author Topic: Problem reading the FSDT registry key  (Read 14827 times)

Melle

Re: Problem reading the FSDT registry key
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2019, 10:28:07 am »
It might be (dont know) that it needs an reference of something that is only in the registry if you have the level 2 expansion?
At least the root is set correctly: https://i.imgur.com/f6DkK96.png
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 10:31:46 am by Melle »

Melle

« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2019, 01:09:43 pm »
@virtuali all the things that could be done to fix this problem, did not work for me. the new installer as well did not fix it for me nor for some other people it seems. any other idea's what it can be?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2019, 01:15:16 pm »
live update version: 1; 0.0.0 (Couatl_updater2.exe)

Please check the Time/Date of the Digital Signature.

In any case, the error on your screenshot is caused by registry keys present for a simulator which is not installed.

The current version of the Updater should be able to deal with this, and just consider the simulator to not be installed and, it's supposed to give a DIFFERENT warning message, not the one with "Problem reading the FSDT registry key", that's why I suspect your version is still not updated, possibly because your local Update server still stuck with the old version.

Melle

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2019, 01:34:17 pm »

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2019, 01:41:28 pm »
live update version: 1; 0.0.0 (Couatl_updater2.exe)

Please check the Time/Date of the Digital Signature.

In any case, the error on your screenshot is caused by registry keys present for a simulator which is not installed.

The current version of the Updater should be able to deal with this, and just consider the simulator to not be installed and, it's supposed to give a DIFFERENT warning message, not the one with "Problem reading the FSDT registry key", that's why I suspect your version is still not updated, possibly because your local Update server still stuck with the old version.

Thank you for your reply

it is a computer dedicated to P3DV4.5. There is only P3DV4 installed on this machine. Everything was working normally before updating via Live Update. I do not see any solution to this problem it's a pity.
When installing GSX he only offers me P3DV4.
the register entries for P3DV4 are good.

Digital Signature:

Signatory: VIRTUALI Sagl
Digest Algorithm: sha1
Time stamp: Tuesday 2nd July 2019 02:20:41

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2019, 02:31:01 pm »
It's not very clear from your messages if you are getting that error from the Live Updater or from the GSX Control Panel.

Because, the issue caused by orphaned registry keys for simulators you don't have (likely caused by the Migration Tool) in the Live Updater, was fixed yesterday, as I've said. But the same check was required in the GSX Control Panel too, and this has been fixed today.

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2019, 03:06:57 pm »
It's not very clear from your messages if you are getting that error from the Live Updater or from the GSX Control Panel.

Because, the issue caused by orphaned registry keys for simulators you don't have (likely caused by the Migration Tool) in the Live Updater, was fixed yesterday, as I've said. But the same check was required in the GSX Control Panel too, and this has been fixed today.

Thank you for your quick reply.

Live update and GSX control panel do not work
Attachement 1 Live Update
attachement 2 Control panel GSX

Melle

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2019, 03:25:28 pm »
for me the control panel DOES work https://i.imgur.com/lSidibu.png
is it normal that i can restore them for FSX aswell or would that indicate there is an fsx entry in the regeditor?

I do have problems with the last Cuatl liver updater

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2019, 03:27:48 pm »
is it normal that i can restore them for FSX aswell or would that indicate there is an fsx entry in the regeditor?

If you are sure you don't have any FSX installer, it's possible you have an FSX entry which is pointing to a P3D folder ?

Melle

« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2019, 03:30:57 pm »
i will have an look, would the FSX entry also be in current user or in hkey local machine?

Melle

« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2019, 03:35:10 pm »
I tried the search function through whole my registry but there are no FSX entries in there..

I am available for a TV session

Melle

« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2019, 03:38:55 pm »
actually i made this one https://i.imgur.com/yFPfOc4.png in the p3dv4 main folder, would i need to delete that one?

Melle

« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2019, 04:21:35 pm »
by removing that, it is fixed! thanks for youre help! enjoy youre day!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2019, 04:50:20 pm »
by removing that, it is fixed! thanks for youre help! enjoy youre day!

AH! Got it, it's NOT the registry, it's your dummy FSX.EXE with a 0 length!

That's very dangerous, because if you really wanted to create a dummy .exe to fool installers not made for P3D to go into there, it should have been a real FSX.EXE or, at least, a real .EXE named FSX.EXE, because LOTS of installers (including all our own), don't just check if the file is there: they MUST open it to check its *version* because they must know if it's FSX, FSX SP1, FSX SP2, FSX:SE so, with a lenght of 0, it's surely an illegal .EXE, which will make lots of installers to fail.

But I'll try to add this case too to the already long list of problems in the users installations our products must defends against from.

Melle

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2019, 04:56:18 pm »
Yeah I just made an creative workaround for an scenery and never had any problems with it till now actually. but i am glad it is fixed now and i can use GSX! anyway, how was it about the more visual guidance with the pushback editor, i do not quite understand how that works?