Author Topic: Another Couatl Error P3d 4.5  (Read 6308 times)

N405GJ

Another Couatl Error P3d 4.5
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:54 pm »
Hello. I have not been able to get GSX to work properly since the update. Every time I start a flight, no matter where I try to load in, Couatl crashes with a similar error. Below is what I have tried to correct the errors before requesting assistance here.

Initial update performed via Live Update and errors began.
Uninstall/Reinstall of affected airport (Flightbeam KDEN)
Uninstall/Reinstall via full installer of GSX Level 2
Uninstall/Reinstall of SODE

I have tried various random airports and whenever a jetway is involved is when the error happens. Attached is a screen grab of the error along with several of the error logs. I would be grateful of any assistance so that I can get my sim running again. Thanks.

N405GJ

Re: Another Couatl Error P3d 4.5
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:32:15 pm »
I should note that if I close Couatl when the error happens I can run the sim as usual minus any GSX or Jetways.

TomerAsi2

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 08:46:12 pm »
Hello. I have not been able to get GSX to work properly since the update. Every time I start a flight, no matter where I try to load in, Couatl crashes with a similar error. Below is what I have tried to correct the errors before requesting assistance here.

Initial update performed via Live Update and errors began.
Uninstall/Reinstall of affected airport (Flightbeam KDEN)
Uninstall/Reinstall via full installer of GSX Level 2
Uninstall/Reinstall of SODE

I have tried various random airports and whenever a jetway is involved is when the error happens. Attached is a screen grab of the error along with several of the error logs. I would be grateful of any assistance so that I can get my sim running again. Thanks.

Same problem happens to me since the update...  :( --> P3D V3.5

997r8v10

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 08:47:59 pm »
I'm getting the same issue except with a different airport.
Prithvi Shivaraman

N405GJ

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 09:01:29 pm »
Okay, at least I’m not alone in this one. Looking forward to a support reply to get this straightened out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 10:38:24 pm »
Your error logs all indicates something that normally is not possible: the simulator cannot find the objects and it's trying to load an object that we surely install with GSX.

Since it's not possible the objects would be missing after installing, the only possible issue I can think of, is the add-on.xml for the Addon Manager has been possibly corrupted or disabled or couldn't be updated by the installer.

Do you use an external app to manage add-on.xml files ?

Go here:

Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager\add-on.xml

ZIP this file ( don't post it, ZIP it please, because posting it will alter its content ) and Attach it to a post, so I can check if it's all ok with it.

Also, be sure that file hasn't been mistakenly set to read-only. Another user reported this issue in another thread.

sumnersd

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 11:04:10 pm »
In case other person replying has trouble, here is file.   

THX.  Steve Sumner

997r8v10

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 11:08:13 pm »
Here's mine
Prithvi Shivaraman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 11:13:48 pm »
Your add-on.xml files shows the same problem, and it's exactly as I thought: it hasn't been updated to add the path to the PBR objects, so the sim cannot see any of the new models.

Of course, this is not normal, since both the Live Updated and the Installer will surely modify this so, something else must have prevented the file to be modified as it should have been.

Try this:

- Remove the whole folder:

Documents\Prepar3d v4 Addons\Fsdreamteam Addon Manager

And reinstall GSX with the full installer.

997r8v10

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 11:17:24 pm »
Your add-on.xml files shows the same problem, and it's exactly as I thought: it hasn't been updated to add the path to the PBR objects, so the sim cannot see any of the new models.

Of course, this is not normal, since both the Live Updated and the Installer will surely modify this so, something else must have prevented the file to be modified as it should have been.

Try this:

This may or may not be related to my other issue with the Live Updater. Now the Live Updater is working and it's installing a bunch of stuff... I'll report back once it's done.
Prithvi Shivaraman

xavebbr

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 11:19:27 pm »
hello ,

here is mine , little different from the other ones but same problem

997r8v10

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2019, 11:23:17 pm »

Try this:

So it turns out the Registry Key issue also caused this issue. Now the PBR objects show up in the add-on.xml and everything works! Thanks Umberto!
Prithvi Shivaraman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2019, 11:24:22 pm »
here is mine , little different from the other ones but same problem

Assuming GSX is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager, you add-on.xml is exactly how it's supposed to be, on a P3D 4.4+ so, your problem is entirely different. Are you sure you are getting the SAME error about objects that are normally installed couldn't be found ?

xavebbr

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2019, 11:29:21 pm »
yes I have same problem, see log file

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 11:31:14 pm »
yes I have same problem, see log file

No, you don't have the same problem. The problem the other user had was that "objects that are normally installed couldn't be found", your problem shows the program is trying to create an object that is not supposed to exists, so it's totally different.

I see you use a customization file made by Cartayana, I suggest waiting for him to release an updated version.

If you feel confident editing the file yourself, a Search & Replace to Search this string:

FSDT_SODE_JW_JBT_2_5_LOGO__TOTAL

and to Replace it with

TOTAL

should fix the problem.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:33:57 pm by virtuali »