Author Topic: Install Question  (Read 2296 times)

jay907uk

Install Question
« on: July 01, 2019, 07:14:39 pm »
Hi

Regarding updating to the newer version released today, and you say to uninstall and then run the full installer?

Do I remove both versions GSX and GSX Level 2 Expansion and then run the installer again for GSX Level 2 only?

Apologises for asking this question, I just want to make sure I remove the correct version.

Thanks

Jason

Swisspilot

Re: Install Question
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:30:09 pm »
I have exactely the same question:-) and do I loose all custom made Airport changes?
Regards
Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 12:00:20 am »
We haven't said anything about uninstalling being required, so you can safely assume it's not required. And if it was, the installer would have checked for that.

None of your customizations are ever affected, not by reinstalling GSX (even if you uninstall it) of even by a complete reinstall of the simulator.

Generally speaking, the whole point of the %APPDATA% folder, for any Windows application, is to store your own stuff, so no Uninstaller is supposed to remove anything there, unless it comes with some specific option like asking to clear your preferences, but it should never be automatic, and we comply to this rule.

jay907uk

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 04:12:39 am »
Umberto,

I'll just run Live update so it does the necessary to update for this new update.

Thanks

Jason

Danielgarzag

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 06:51:01 am »
We haven't said anything about uninstalling being required, so you can safely assume it's not required. And if it was, the installer would have checked for that.

None of your customizations are ever affected, not by reinstalling GSX (even if you uninstall it) of even by a complete reinstall of the simulator.

Generally speaking, the whole point of the %APPDATA% folder, for any Windows application, is to store your own stuff, so no Uninstaller is supposed to remove anything there, unless it comes with some specific option like asking to clear your preferences, but it should never be automatic, and we comply to this rule.

I installed it using the full installer and now every time I open P3D, either it crashes on loading, runs out of memory or crashes when GSX is opened in the sim....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 03:29:55 pm »
I installed it using the full installer and now every time I open P3D, either it crashes on loading, runs out of memory or crashes when GSX is opened in the sim....

Which P3D are you refererring to ?