Author Topic: About Selection of Ground Operator  (Read 8958 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: About Selection of Ground Operator
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 09:52:19 pm »
You cannot have TWO custom textures, but you surely can have a choice menu between two STOCK textures, by simply setting their codes in the airline codes field.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 10:05:27 pm »
You may have noticed in the previous example of VHHH that there are two GSX ground operators (HAS, SATS) matching codes in ini file, but actually I didn’t get any menu...

You will see a menu with HAS and SATS, because they are both available in GSX.

Not sure if this changed. Before the update, both HAS and SATS are included in default sim.cfg, and they are set in customisation page, which means they were GSX vehicles. But no menu has ever popped up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 10:12:49 pm »
If you are referring to what USED to happen in the old version, it's not really relevant now anymore. I can only repeat and confirm if you set the correct codes, you'll see a menu.

If you read the updated manual, you would know now the file that controls all handling rules is just one, and it's under Addon Manager\texture\rules.cfg

If you checked that file, you would have notice that code for HAS is in fact _HAS, because "HAS" is Honduras Airlines, while _HAS is Hong Kong Airport Service. Since HAS doesn't exists in GSX, there was no menu, since the only possible choice was SATS.

I'm sure if you put the correct codes

_HAS SATS

You'll see the menu.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2019, 08:04:28 am »
Thanks for clarifying "_HAS" is different from "HAS".
However, even though I changed the "Airline Codes" field to "_HAS,Jardine,SATS", no menu has ever popped up.
https://i.imag.cx/YvzVP.png
"Airline Codes" set "_HAS,Jardine,SATS" for Gate W 40

But this time, I did try to request boarding then reset position then request boarding again to see whether there is a change of ground handlers. The answer is yes. The first was Jardine. After resetting position and requesting boarding, it became SATS. The key is, there was no menu available but GSX randomly chose either Jardine or SATS without asking me. It appears to be contradicted what you mentioned.

https://i.imag.cx/YvhMp.png
https://i.imag.cx/YvKvz.png
[Between the moments at which these 2 pictures were taken, what I did was just resetting position and requesting boarding]

Also, after several times resetting position and requesting boarding, _HAS vehicles never appeared. But there is indeed an entry for _HAS in rules_handling.
[HAS]
couatl.atc_parking_codes = _HAS
couatl.icaoprefixes = VHHH ZSPD ZSSS
couatl.basecolor = red

tszchun_anson

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2019, 05:52:04 am »
Any update? :'(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 09:32:52 am »
I just tried now, using the default scenery for VHHH and:

- By doing nothing and without setting any codes (the default scenery doesn't have any codes, by default), I get a menu with Cathay, Jardine, SATS and HAS

- By setting the airline code to _HAS,Jardine,SATS, I get a menu with Jardine, SATS and HAS

tszchun_anson

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 10:28:55 am »
I just tried now, using the default scenery for VHHH and:

- By doing nothing and without setting any codes (the default scenery doesn't have any codes, by default), I get a menu with Cathay, Jardine, SATS and HAS

- By setting the airline code to _HAS,Jardine,SATS, I get a menu with Jardine, SATS and HAS

The only difference between you and me is default scenery versus 3rd party's (T2G). But as you said, airline codes set in the customisation page will have the highest priority and override all other factors. What else can cause my issue?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 10:32:05 am »
The only difference between you and me is default scenery versus 3rd party's (T2G). But as you said, airline codes set in the customisation page will have the highest priority and override all other factors. What else can cause my issue?

What do you see if you remove all codes ?

tszchun_anson

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 07:43:01 am »

Will try.

Btw, so farwe have talking about the baggage and pushback handler.

How about catering? Any menu for choice of that? Should I also type in the codes “CATHAI” (found in catering rules file) in airline code field?

tszchun_anson

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2019, 10:31:43 am »

Tested. Even I deleted all codes, GSX still automatically picked one for me without giving me choice.

tszchun_anson

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 06:31:18 pm »
I speculate that something wrong with GSX causes the lack of menu with addon scenery, because the problem persists despite changes of several ini and bgl files.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2019, 06:37:40 pm »
As I've said, I cannot reproduce your problem, and I tested the codes for default VHHH, and they works as expected.

It's impossible to check your problem if you don't provide with a precise description of which scenery you use, which AFCAD is in use, your GSX .INI customization file, your Couatladdons.INI file settings (maybe you set a Global override ? )

tszchun_anson

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2019, 06:52:40 pm »
As I've said, I cannot reproduce your problem, and I tested the codes for default VHHH, and they works as expected.

It's impossible to check your problem if you don't provide with a precise description of which scenery you use, which AFCAD is in use, your GSX .INI customization file, your Couatladdons.INI file settings (maybe you set a Global override ? )

Thanks. I will provide you with these shortly for investigation.

I didn't know there is an option of Global Override. Do you simply mean pressing "Airport" in the list of parking and set things up?