Author Topic: Demo Tool  (Read 11222 times)

andrewblan

Demo Tool
« on: August 13, 2009, 07:46:02 pm »
Hey,

I first like to say that I love your scenery. I flew out of FLL the day before it was released, bought it, an it was like I was literally there again. Amazing Job! As a scenery developer, I've always wanted a demo tool that would shut off part of my scenery like 10 min into using it. That is in I think all of your products. I wanted to if you could just release that tool, not the add on manager, just that tool. I would put an advertisement on my website if I would receive it. I hope I don't sound rude or anything. I don't mean to be. Anyway, thanks for the awesome scenerys!

Thanks

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Demo Tool
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 07:57:46 pm »
I've replied to you by PM

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 09:46:37 pm »
As a scenery developer, I've always wanted a demo tool that would shut off part of my scenery...

Since you mention being a developer, how about a link to your website?  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

andrewblan

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:53:39 pm »
I sent you another IM.

andrewblan

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:02:04 am »
The website for our new company is currently under construction, will post when available. Our scenery is going to be a companion to the kfll fsdt airport, Fort Lauderdale X.

andrewblan

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:57 am »
Forgot to mention, its photoreal fort lauderdale scenery.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 09:07:02 am »
Forgot to mention, its photoreal fort lauderdale scenery.

Really, next to the KFLL that FSDT did, that is the best news I have heard yet since thats my favorite area to fly around. How big will the area be in relation to Ft. Lauderdale. For example will it go as far south as Aventura and north to Pompano? And the big question, will you have night textures?

I bought the MegaSceneryEarth tiles for the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area when it first came out. I was so excited, until I started FSX and saw how bad it was. The night textures are ok, but day time is really bad, especially with all the clouds on the ground and colors were not so great. That was the first and last purchase I will make of MegaSceneryEarth.

After this I made some photo textures for the area using SBuilderX. It looked nice but was time consuming especially when trying to get the night textures right.

I look forward to hearing your answers. I will be first in line to buy. It would be great if at some point you did Miami and South Beach area as well ;D

andrewblan

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 05:20:33 pm »
Hey! Im glad your interested in my scenery.

It will have night textures, not after first release, but after an update. All updates will be free. The area is about 10 miles wide from the cost, about 35 mile north and south, with 1 foot/ px resolution. (thats very high) It also is frame-rate friendly and has 0 clouds. Thats what I didnt like about megascenery. It will probably be released in the next day or two.

I will post the website in a when it is up, and I believe it is fully compatible with FSDT KFLL airport.

Andrew

JFKpilot

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 05:34:46 pm »
Hey! Im glad your interested in my scenery.

It will have night textures, not after first release, but after an update. All updates will be free. The area is about 10 miles wide from the cost, about 35 mile north and south, with 1 foot/ px resolution. (thats very high) It also is frame-rate friendly and has 0 clouds. Thats what I didnt like about megascenery. It will probably be released in the next day or two.

I will post the website in a when it is up, and I believe it is fully compatible with FSDT KFLL airport.

Andrew

30 cm/ pixel is indeed hi-res. The project sounds interesting but, how is the Addon Manager going to be used -- are objects going to be modeled? Fsx-native photoscenery isn't tied to the demo function...?
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

andrewblan

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 06:07:28 pm »
Now that you bring that to my attention, I guess I wont need that, because it will be autogen free for right now.

Thanks
Andrew

andrewblan

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 10:37:56 pm »
Update: I will be starting development on Miami X this week, and hopefully will release that some time after FLX. I will post my website and pictures of FLX in a different post.

Thanks
Andrew

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 10:53:37 pm »
Thanks for the info Andrew. I have long been waiting for some GOOD photo tiles for the south Florida area for a long time, as well as a good version of KFLL. I can't believe my luck that FSDT did KFLL, so I was very happy about that, now that your doing Ft. Lauderdale and Miami I am super excited.

BTW, when you do Miami, please don't exclude the South Beach area.

andrewblan

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »
Sorry for the multi posts, but here are some screenshots I took last week.

skimmer

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 11:54:42 pm »
Man ,those look Grreat.looking forward to visiting your site when you post it . PS. I can see my home ;D

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2009, 12:07:36 am »
Not bad Andrew. Are you going to color correct these a little bit with maybe a little more contrast?