Author Topic: LOST MY LUGGAGE  (Read 2246 times)

schiphol104

LOST MY LUGGAGE
« on: June 02, 2019, 12:23:41 pm »
I really hope that Virtuali can/will give a comment on this and what future plans are to solve it:

During boarding they are not loading all suitcases. Why not.

Every time I have big problems with passengers who see their suitcases not loaded and disappear again. I say, its not my fault, but VIRTUALI's. They react: who the f*ck is Virtuali.
I say: be quiet, YOU are Virtuali.  :D ;D :D ;D

Guys, thanks very much for this fantastic extra dimension.

mamush

Re: LOST MY LUGGAGE
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 12:32:58 pm »
Have you payed for yor luggage ;D ;D ;D

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:37:14 am »
It's not very clear what your problem is.

If you only mean the loader is not loading *all* luggage from the cart, that's not obviously a "bug" or something that requires a fix and this has been explained so many times on the forum too.

The animation is fixed and its made to load 4 bags from each cart, and it works like this, because that's the only feasible way to make this kind of animation in the FSX/P3D engine, which is very limited regarding human animations. So yes, you see additional bags not loaded on Boarding and carts not entirely empty on Deboarding, because some bags are fixed in the cart and not part of the animation.

Just pretend those extra bags are coming from another flight, and the cart is just making a round trip to serve both. Bags have a tag with the flight number, so they shouldn't be mixed up.

Or, just pretend that, AS IN REAL LIFE, the handlers are a bit confused, so the bags are mixing up with another flight, and might eventually get lost...isn't GSX realistic ? Reality is not always "perfect".

Risky

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 07:57:09 pm »
True,  but I find it very hard to believe there are only 24 bags on a flight with 104 passengers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 09:49:33 am »
True,  but I find it very hard to believe there are only 24 bags on a flight with 104 passengers

Well, I'departing today, and we have only one checked bag for 4 people...but that's not the point. As explained so many times on the forum, GSX was designed like this, because we assumed nobody would want to see such long boarding/deboarding process, so the number of bags is reduced.

Risky

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 12:14:46 am »
No  My point is you based the program on realism.
For the 160 or so passengers to board it does take time. And you allow for users to adjust the amount of time the boarding takes I understand that. Shouldn't baggage loading follow the same parameters?  Baggage loading on GSX2 takes less than 2 min. regardless. The amount of time for 2 loaders and 24 pieces of luggage. If I were to adjust my passenger boarding time, to a, lets say, more realistic 12-15 min, baggage carts are long gone in about 2 min. not a more normal 20 (at the aircraft).

For the sake of argument, lets say an average 160 passengers would have about 50 pieces of checked luggage. or about 1/3 of passengers (excluding multiple pieces per). which should take about 20 min to load. If I adjusted # of passengers or speed to 50%, I now have 80 guests 25 bags and load time of 10 min. Not 2.

Its fine to allow users to speed up the process but don't change all the other processes that coincide with it. Don't eliminate the realism.

And. when was the last time you visited the baggage carousel and only saw 24 bags for a full flight?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2019, 12:39:46 am by Risky »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 03:28:32 pm »
The issue is not just a matter of time. It's the fact baggage loaders take a lot of space for other vehicles on the same side ( catering, refueling ), so we want to free the space as soon as possible, especially now that you can all multiple services at the same time.