Author Topic: problems occuring with GSX  (Read 5530 times)

WolfDieter

problems occuring with GSX
« on: May 29, 2019, 05:44:22 pm »
Good morning,
I have purchased your products since years ( 8 presently). And there were no problems.
But now I found out, after having  paused some wseeks, that I cannot load your airports in P3d version 4 anymore:

In detail:
The Addon Manager is showing my airports as „TRIAL“, or in other cases „active, but not installed“, or as „not installed“. When I try to load , I only have grey coloured arreals ( instead of runways) and green arreals, no buildings, but a lot of wrong Meshes.
I then followed your advice ( Forum), to configure the antivirus to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning. I even deleted my antivirus ( bitdefender) and windows defender completely. I then  downloaded again and tried to install. It didnt show the wanted result. I deleted all stuff from fsdt again and installed on g:/   - before it was on c:/

And now I found one airport only in the Addon Manager as „active and installed“ - kmem.
All others are still missing - and they are missing in the scenery bibliothek too, though the download and installation-process was not showing any problems!

JFK2 for instance was asking for an additional installer of GSX - but as mentioned before, I could download, but not  install.

What I found out, was that these problems might have to do with the GSX.  Up to now I only own GSX, didn’t purchase „Level 2“ yet. When I tried to download GSX ( complete version), the download-process ran without problems.  But when I then try to install, it stopps rather early, just when things appear like „tractor...“ or „soundai“. And I think it is GSX. I tried more than only once.

So, I am rather confused. And I know, that my explanation might not be very helpful. Nevertheless I hope, that you are able to help.

By the way - I started with Flight Simulator with FS5 already, meaning from the very beginning. And I have solved a lot of problems by myself in the meantime - but now...

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Wolf-Dieter Gehse
Germany   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: problems occuring with GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 12:11:10 pm »
What I found out, was that these problems might have to do with the GSX.  Up to now I only own GSX, didn’t purchase „Level 2“ yet. When I tried to download GSX ( complete version), the download-process ran without problems.  But when I then try to install, it stopps rather early, just when things appear like „tractor...“ or „soundai“. And I think it is GSX. I tried more than only once.

Please clarify this better, indicating the proper, precise, exact text of any errors you see while installing.

WolfDieter

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 08:12:34 pm »
ok - here is, what I found out:
the installer stopps at this point ( kord for instance).

...SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_OHareX\model.Kord_HNG_ND_det\model.cfg

And I have excluded "Addon Manager"  and "SimObjects". No hints on behalf of may antivirus program.

Meanwhile I was able to install GSX, complete version...

Thanks for your help.

WolfDieter

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:18:56 pm »
Problem with KORD could be solved meanwhile ( FSDT Live Update!)

But now I cannot install KMEM. It stopps at

...SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_KMEM_3Dsfo3P3D\model.cfg

Live Update doesn't help - and there was no hint on behalf of antivirus.

I am so sorry, but I do like your work - and I therefore want to install all airports ( though they did run already in the past!!!)

Kind regards
WolfDieter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 10:20:29 pm »
Do you have enough free space on C: drive ? Even if you choose another drive for install, the installer must first decompress entirely on a temporary folder, which is always in the Windows boot drive ( usually C: ) so, if you don't have enough space there, the installer might stop.

WolfDieter

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2019, 10:59:56 pm »
...there are 237 GB on c:\ alltogether, and there are 110 GB in usage.
So, this should be ok.

Vancouver could be installed meanwhile, no problems - but not KMEM or KCLT or KIAH or LSZH.
It's funny, because all airports did run in the past already...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2019, 11:51:11 pm »
If it's not low disk space, then it can only be the antivirus. Disabled it while installing.

WolfDieter

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 10:58:32 pm »
sorry, but I am not amused anymore!
 Of course did I disable all antivirus - but I receive messages like that again and again " ...SimObjects\Misc\FSDT_SafeGate\modell.FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off\modell.cfg

This referes to KCLT, KMEM, KIAH, LSZH

Other airports seeme to be installed correctly, but they do not show any buildings.

So, I am using Flight Simulator since FS5 already, but now I don't have any idea...

You are kindly invited, to visite me at my home!

WolfDieter

WolfDieter

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2019, 08:20:50 pm »
...I have just opened KMEM. Everything seemed to be ok - I saw the hint, that GSX was regenerating airport cache. And so far the airport seemed to run as wanted.
But in that very moment, when the regenerating process had ended, all buildings have disappeared - and I found out, that "couatl" suddenly wasn't shown anymore ( under "addon" at the top).

What does that mean?

WolfDieter

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 08:44:28 pm »
edit:

It really is curious -  first I opened KORD - everything was ok, I then changed to KMEM - no buildings, I then returned to KORD - no buildings

So, it seems, that it sometimes is ok, and sometimes it isn't.
Any idea?

Just for info - I of course have emptied the shader! 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2019, 08:28:09 am »
...I have just opened KMEM. Everything seemed to be ok - I saw the hint, that GSX was regenerating airport cache. And so far the airport seemed to run as wanted.But in that very moment, when the regenerating process had ended, all buildings have disappeared - and I found out, that "couatl" suddenly wasn't shown anymore ( under "addon" at the top).

One of your scenery files is likely corrupted. If you enabled logging in the troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and do a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl menu, in the Couatl.LOG you should find something about the problematic file.

WolfDieter

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 09:46:09 am »
Thanks so far, but meanwhile I have deleted all files ( GSX and airports) and I have deleted all downloads too.
So, I am now starting at Pont Zero, downloading all files , as you have described already regarding excludes - of course not within the FS.
I have read through most of your comments in the forum - wait and see...

WolfDieter

WolfDieter

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2019, 07:24:03 pm »
...I did give it another try:
So I downloaded GSX full Installer and KJFK2, KORD, CYVR again, Addon-Manager was excluded.
Then I installed in G:\Addon Manager, I had to register the Airports again
Everything worked fine. I could switch from one Airport to the other.

I closed FS and started again some hours later - everything was ok.

I then downloaded and installed KIAH, which I own also.
During installation I saw this well-known message again
...SimObjects\MISC\FSDT_SafeGate\model. FSDT_Agnis_Wall_left_off\modell.cfg

Installation stopped, I ran the Live Updater, but this scenery doesn’t work.

I then shut down the FS and started again, this time opening KJFK2 ( which was ok so far).
But now this scenery appeared as IN TRIAL - and no buildings. It seems to be the native scenery. Also „couatl“ was not available anymore.

Please tell me - there must be something which is different in the files off the scenery of JFK2, CYVR and KORD on one hand  - and  KIAH on the other hand ( same to KMEM, KCLT and LSZH).

Presently I only have the opportunity to delete all files again and install only KJFK2, CYVR and KORD. These sceneries seem to work. All other sceneries cannot be used anymore, they are destroying something ( worth about 100 EURO...)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2019, 11:15:01 pm »
I'm sorry, but I can only repeat and confirm all installers are fine, and nobody else has reported any problems like these. So, whatever is happening, is happening on locally on your system.

- Clear your browser cache

- Download all the installers again, with the antivirus DISABLED

- Install, with the antivirus DISABLED

- BEFORE turning on the antivirus and start the sim, configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder. But of course, don't even try running the sim if you saw an error during the installation, because nothing will work if the installation doesn't complete.

WolfDieter

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2019, 08:45:52 pm »
...when I downloaded the Live-Updater again this afternoon, I recognized, that the process  lasted much longer than in the past ( I downloaded the updater not only once per day!).
And when I then looked at the files on my computer, I saw, that a lot of files in GSX have been changed ( dated 04th June.2019 and 3rd.June 2019).

At the end of the day, all downloads and installations of all sceneries worked!

Anyway, as it works now - so Thank You

WolfDieter