Author Topic: GSX CUSTOMISE PARKING POSITION  (Read 3861 times)

kiwikeith

GSX CUSTOMISE PARKING POSITION
« on: May 23, 2019, 05:28:49 am »
For the last week or so I have ben having problems with customising jetways. The command used bring up the options to choose the type of jetway.
Now it brings up editing the parking system. Please help. KB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX CUSTOMISE PARKING POSITION
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 05:22:16 pm »
Assuming with the "Customize parking position", you mean the name of the button you click in the parking customization page, as the name says, it's used to jump directly to the Parking position customization.

To customize a jetway, you normally click the "Customize Jetways" button, which will call the interactive editor on a jetway. Of course, assuming the parking *does* have an editable jetway. That is, a jetway which has been added or replaced by GSX. If there's no jetway, or no jetway that can be edited, the button will go to the parking position.

kiwikeith

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 11:10:38 pm »
Thanks for reply. Yes I have clicked on "Customise jetway" and there is an editable jetway but I get parking position. This did nt happen until about a week ago. KB

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 12:02:25 am »
Thanks for reply. Yes I have clicked on "Customise jetway" and there is an editable jetway but I get parking position.

As I've said,  if there's no jetway, or no jetway that can be edited, the button will go to the parking position.

This did nt happen until about a week ago. KB

GSX surely hasn't changed (there hasn't been updates in months) so, clearly, your scenery has changed, and there's no editable jetway on that parking.

kiwikeith

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 04:31:41 am »
11:09 AM 5/25/2019
Your reply does not appear to address the issue.
I open FSX - choose an aircraft - choose a location - retain active runway - set time and season - click fly now.
FSX loads on active runway. Press Ctrl + F12. Select suitable parking gate and warp there.
Press Ctrl + F12. Select customise this parking position.

This position definitely has a jetway. Click on Customise jetways and the following appears. The plane with vertical blue lines and a rotation circle around it. There is a yellow measuring line at the nose of the plane. Took a picture but was unable to insert and send it.

The above is what I get, which is not what I expect. Up until a few weeks? ago, I used to get the opportunity to change the type of jetway.
Your help to solve this problem would be much appreciated.
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 08:50:04 am »
This position definitely has a jetway.

You still don't understand. Yes, you SEE "a jetway", but it is a GSX jetway, which is the only one you can edit ? The editor window (the dialog, not the 3d view) will tell you the kind of jetway you have there

kiwikeith

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 04:38:13 am »
Problem solved. My error  :-[  When I opened "customise this parking position" it opens up with "Parking" as the active tab.
For some inexplicable reason I pressed on "Customise Jetways" rather than the "Jetway" tab.  :( Thanks for your efforts. KB